Highlighted
Oct 02 2011
By: tusky15 First Son 3 posts

I paid for a download but is not on my download list

6 replies 140 views Edited Oct 2, 2011

Hello,

i downloaded a couple of singstar albums for my PS3 and they are not anywhere to be found. I see the transaction has been made in my history but the download itself is missing. I called the 1-800-345-7669 # and he told me to come onto the forum.

Help!

Message 1 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Re: I paid for a download but is not on my download list

Oct 4, 2011

Moved to PSN Support to help you get an answer to your question

Message 2 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28675 posts

Oct 5, 2011

tusky15 wrote:

Hello,

i downloaded a couple of singstar albums for my PS3 and they are not anywhere to be found. I see the transaction has been made in my history but the download itself is missing. I called the 1-800-345-7669 # and he told me to come onto the forum.

I'm not sure why the moderator didn't move your question to the Singstar forum.  You would have received an answer there within hours. Although SingStar content is sold as a game add-on, it is licensed like video content. Video content does not appear in the Playstation Store downloads list after you download it because you are only allowed to download it one time to a particular PS3, and you are only allowed to use it on one PS3 at a time.  Further complicating matters is that while SingStar has an activation process for its content, it is proprietary; so there is no way to deactivate a PS3 for SingStar in the PSN Account Management interface.  If you ever want to use your SingStar albums on another PS3, you have to call the product support representatives, and then wait days, or weeks, for the deactivation to be manually processed. Singstar transactions are processed via the PSN wallet, so they will appear permanently in the transactions list under Account Management.  They don't appear in the downloads list because you are only expected to download them once.

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 12, 2011

Hi there

thank you for your detailed reply. I am new to this game forum so please bear with me. I have only downloaded the singstar once to my PS3 and dont plan on using it on another. So is there another explanation?

Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Oct 12, 2011

Hey there: there is a SingStar space here: http://community.us.playstation.com/community/games/music/singstar?view=discussions

The users there may be able to help you better

Good luck!

Message 5 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 14, 2011

Music and Movies can't be redownloaded.

Message 6 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39386 posts

Oct 15, 2011

coolguy3145 wrote:

Music and Movies can't be redownloaded.

Although that is true of music & movies available in the PS video/music Store, these are different coolguy, they are DLC songs for the Singstar game & as such can be re-downloaded as many times as you like.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes