Aug 04 2013
By: ArarielFett First Son 3 posts

I need help with multiplayer based lag

[ Edited ]
3 replies 218 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

Hello,

Last night, I noticed that I was getting some pretty bad lag when playing BattleField 3.  Thinking it was my internet, I shut it down, and spent the rest of the night doing other things.  I get on just now to play, and I'm still lagging.  I try another multiplayer game, I'm still lagging.  My internet is working fine, nothing has changed recently.  I'm able to surf sites on my laptop without any troubles.  What has happened that I'm getting so much lag?

Message 1 of 4 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: I need help with multiplayer based lag

Aug 8, 2013

Hello there!

I am definitely not a profesional when it comes to computers and internet connections; however, I do know that sometimes the location of your PlayStation 3 in relation to your modem can affect internet connection. For instance, the further away your console is from your *internet box thingy*, the worse the connection may be. 

To check the strength and settings of your internet connection on your PS3, go to the XMB and go to "Network Settings"  and click "Settings and Connection Status List". There, you can see all of your settings and the Signal Strength.

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Hello there.  Everything is working fine now, but I know for a fact it was  PSN issue.  I tried playing a multiplayer game on my PC and wasn't experiencing any issues.   Also, my PS3 isn't far at all from the router...it's in the next room.

Message 3 of 4 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Oh! I see. I'm glad to hear that all is working well for you now! Robot Happy Sorry that I wasn't able to help as much.

Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes