Highlighted
Apr 18 2013
By: Rennikz Lombax Warrior 143 posts

I need Solution

5 replies 157 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

Hi I  live outside the us have to pay insane amounts of money to get a psn card... when paypal came out i rejoiced! i would no longer have to pay for a psn card for the price of two+ but when i tried to use paypal it say that my order has been cancelled... did research and found out its because the billing address doesn't match that of my account... (which is nothing because i don't live in america) so i went to amazon and found that they finally send you the card code over email so as i was about to buy it it says "Online Game Codes are only available to US customers"

i starting to feel bad... all i want to do is get credit on my account for a cheap price Smiley Sad so i could buy injustice and few other things

Message 1 of 6 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: I need Solution

Apr 18, 2013

in your paypal account add the same adress you added when you created your US account.

so if you have the same adress in your paypal account and you playstaiton account, it will be aprouved. hope this help~

Cyb3rfr34k-iso

Message 2 of 6 (151 Views)
MVP Support
30059 posts

Apr 18, 2013

You are kind of missing the message from Sony here, which is that if you don't live in the United States, then you are not allowed to buy things in the US Playstation Store. You don't seem to want to accept that, but Sony is making this difficult intentionally. There is therefore no point in complaining about it to Sony. Sony did not add Paypal support to make it easier to fund wallets of foreign PSN accounts that you are not supposed to have.  Sony makes the same kind of address checks with Paypal, that it always made with credit cards.

GKP
Message 3 of 6 (147 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Apr 18, 2013

"You don't seem to want to accept that" "There is therefore no point in complaining about it to Sony"

the guys isnt complaining he's simply asking some help bc he want to buy games.

lol you treat him like his trying to jailbreak his console.

anyway, yeah its really easy to be able to use paypal for other country if you add the same address as you created your PSN account.

just go in your paypal settings add street address and put the same adress as you created your US account and make it your default address.

Message 4 of 6 (142 Views)
VP of Gaming
28563 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

You are kind of missing the message from Sony here, which is that if you don't live in the United States, then you are not allowed to buy things in the US Playstation Store..

I'm a U.S. citizen. I created my account in the United States. When I've gone overseas, I continued using my U.S. account. I will never switch to a foreign account.

If I was a U.S. Service Member stationed overseas for a few years, and I'm joining the PSN for the first time, I would create a U.S. account as, again, I am a U.S. citizen. Sony would understand.

With that said, I would call SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 if I had any issues.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30059 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Your citizenship is irrelevant.  You live under the laws of the country in which you reside, of which you may or may not be a citizen.  When you register for PSN, you are asked for your country of residence.  Not your country of origin, or which country you are a citizen of.  US Military personnel are something of a special case, as they often live in facilities that are more like remote mini-Americas; and in some cases are not subject to the laws of the country that they are currently in, which may explain why you don't seem to recognize the concept of living under the laws of the country that you reside in. US military personnel don't always reside in the country that they happen to live in, at least not in any meaningful sense.

Sony doesn't prohibit you from using an account that you created in a previous country of residence, but it does require you to create a new account when you change your country of residence.  The payment system restrictions are intended to encourage compliance with that requirement.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes