Dec 05 2013
By: BlackouTtwo First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

I may buy 2 consoles so I have a question about digital games.

4 replies 188 views Edited Dec 5, 2013

So here's my question.

I'm a student in Lisbon, so i travel a lot from my home town to Lisbon and from Lisbon to my home town, so i may buy 2 consoles because i want to let my primary console at my home town so my family can enjoy the system and so can i without taking the console always with me when i travel.

So i read the FAQ where it says:

"Games you download can be played by users who share your PS4™ system, such as your family and friends. You do not have to log in to the system for other users to play these games."

"Games you purchase can be downloaded and played on any PS4™ system if you sign in to PSN℠. There is no limit on the number of systems you can use. * Only you can start games that you download."

Does this mean if i buy Call of Duty on the Playstation store, it will work for my family at my home if they use my primary system with their accounts, and also for me when i'm staying out for a long period of time on my second console? What if one of my family members that play with his account on my primary system wants to play Call of Duty at the same time i'm playing on my second console?

Message 1 of 5 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24518 posts

Re: I may buy 2 consoles so I have a question about digital games.

Dec 5, 2013

You will have to download it on both systems but you won't have to be logged in on the primary system for your family to play it afterwards. You'll both be able to play it at the same time. You must have missed this in the FAQ. Smiley Happy

Can two people use my account’s content on two different PS4 at once?

Yes, this is possible.

Message 2 of 5 (165 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 5, 2013

That's what i though but it sounded weird.  I mean, the same copy working on 2 systems. Thank you for answering.

Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24518 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2013

BlackouTtwo wrote:

That's what i though but it sounded weird.  I mean, the same copy working on 2 systems. Thank you for answering.

Well wait a minute.....You're talking about digital right? A disc will only work on one system at a time obviously.

<Edit> yeah you are you said purchase on Playstation store.

Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Yes, i was talking about digital games.

Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)
0 Likes