Apr 27 2012
By: CY133R_13ANDIT First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

I'm kinda upset :(

4 replies 105 views Edited Apr 27, 2012

Back before the PSN Outage I had a username named Dominator12X. Since I didn't use a PS3 during that time period I wasn't able to recover my old account. I made this one to compensate but it's just not the same: All the virtual items I earned/bought on Playstation Home gone. . I can still remember half the stuff I earned/purchased too, and it was because of this fustration of losing these items that I've refrained from playing the PS3 for a while.

Only problem now is: I forgot my old email adress/password (which I had to change but failed) When I tried to change it It was a few weeks after the PSN returned online access. I made an attempt to access my old account via PS3 web service. But whenever I tried to change the password some plugin just stops working and prevents me from changing it.

About 6 months later I made one final attempt (on a computer) to change it, but it failed as well.

Just a few moments ago I tried to recover my lost account but I forgot the email adress.

I just wish that I had my old account back. I miss playing on Playstation Home, I miss all the online friends I made (and I've probably lost all of them by now), but lastly I miss all the earned rewards on PSHome (not to mention the limited edition items)

Is there any way that I could recover my old account now? I desperately want my old account back.

edit: Moved to PSN support

Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Re: I'm kinda upset :(

Apr 27, 2012

Same thing happened to me, it's quite easy actually. Go to the "Contact us" down below in the "corporate" section. Send them a message saying you forget your e-mail/password and give them your current e-mail address. SCEA customer support will contact you saying a list of things you need to do, one being send them the serial number underneath your ps3 (or on the back i forget) and if everything suffices they will send you a link to change your e-mail over and create a new password. Just this time write it down won'tcha ;D

Message 1 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 27, 2012

That's assuming the email address was a "real" address and that the email account is still active. I have a few friends that couldn't recover their old accounts.

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 28, 2012

I don't own a PS3 anymore and have since replaced my PS3 two times (one for malfunctions and the other for money at that time) So how am I supposed to get the serial number now.

Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Uhm use the serial number you have on it now? it would still be traced to an account obviously....

Message 5 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes