Jul 24 2011
By: NimbusToast18 First Son 31 posts
Accepted Solution

I'm having problems with connecting to the internet on the PS3 - Help?

15 replies 742 views Edited Jul 24, 2011

Today I was signed out of the PSN because of two different errors, one was 80710092 and the other was a DNS error. I can't connect into the browser on it either. This has to be something with the PS3 itself though, because I can log into my PSN on the internet over here (like in the forums) and my TV is connected to the internet as well, with no problem. I've tried messing with the settings but whenever I test the connection it fails to obtain my IP address. Today I also rebuilt my database on the safe mode, before all this happened due to some problems I've been having this week with online games and my HDD (corrupt data issues), could that have messed up my connection in some way? I did reset my router, I did disable the media connections (it was always disabled) but I can't find a solution. Someone please help me with this?

Message 1 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: I'm having problems with connecting to the internet on the PS3 - Help?

Jul 24, 2011

Having the same problem but no one quite helped me. Mine started to work but now its slower than ever.

Message 2 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Ahhh, I feel like I've messed with my connection settings a bit too much that now I don't know how to get it back to the way it was I even reset my PS3 to default settings... can you please let me know if it comes back to normal for you?

Message 3 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 24, 2011

I will tell you but i doubt it will. Now im getting logged out ever 5-30 mins with dsn and 807 errors.

Message 4 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Yeah, for me in earlier in the day I was able to log in for a couple of minutes after waiting a long time for it to sign in, but I was quickly disconnected. It at least makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not alone..

Message 5 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Me also, now i dont think i jaked-up my playstation. I first thought Psn was down til i heard all my friends were online.

Message 6 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Same here. Actually my Internet was working fine in the morning but by the time I got home around 3 o'clock and started to download borderlands, I couldnt stay logged in for more than 5 min. I did a connection test, my connection is fine but the PlayStationNetwork connection keeps failing I don't know if it's because I started downloadin the game because my Internet connect is pretty horrible, I started the download around 3 pm and it's 10 already and I only have 10% done

Message 7 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 24, 2011

I think mine got messed up by downloading escalations, but im not sure, it started to mess up before that. Also my internet is fine on my computer. It runs great.

Message 8 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Wait are you using wireless connection? I just plugged in an Ethernet cable on my ps3 and it seems to do the job idk why tho

Message 9 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jul 24, 2011

My problem is a little different since the connection test doesn't succeed in anything, because it keeps timing out due to not finding my IP address. At first the connection test was better, even while I had these errors, but then I messed with settings and now I have nothing.

EDIT: same here, my PS3 is the only device that's having issues with internet. Everything else runs smoothly.

Message 10 of 16 (742 Views)
0 Likes