Nov 25 2013
By: brewerp First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

I just want to report another user for attempting to scam me

[ Edited ]
5 replies 512 views Edited Nov 25, 2013

If anyone at sony cares about their customers getting swindled, message me and I'll supply the name of the perpetrator. It's absurd that I can't name him here...seems like a lot of respect given to someone that doesn't reciprocate it. 

He offered to max out my prestige for all cod games, all he needs is my online account login info. This guy is obviously trying to gain access to any debit card numbers that may be on my account. Thankfully I'm not a complete moron, and I've been stringing him along for an hour or so, asking him menial questions for my own entertainment. 

I'm certain I'm not the only one he's tried this on, I'd like to see him stopped before someone gets taken advantage of. Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I couldn't find any way to report him through my ps3, or on this site. Hopefully this will be seen by the proper people.

Message 1 of 6 (512 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14505 posts

Re: I just want to report another user for attempting to scam me

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

Blacklisting is not permitted in these forums.  You should edit your post and remove the user name.  Do a search - there is a reporting feature ingame and with SONY Entertainment.

>edit<

here is a link to the knowledge base article:  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/kw/reporting%20users

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 6 (501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 25, 2013

I tried to locate something from where the interaction took place. I can't find him on my COD list of recent players, and I see no other way to do it. I'm trying to help others who'd be swindled by this **bleep**, my own butt is covered. I'm not gonna waste any more time on this than I already have. 

If someone at Sony wants to stop a user from scamming their customers, here is the way. If they don't care, I don't either. 

Message 3 of 6 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 25, 2013

And ftr, I said I wouldn't, but I attempted to fill out that form from the link you supplied, it only gives me an error message, that it couldn't be submitted. 

I tried it in chrome, and then in IE, same error on both. I'm officially done trying now. Thanks for making this process so difficult, Sony. 

Message 4 of 6 (468 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5898 posts

Nov 25, 2013

brewerp wrote:

And ftr, I said I wouldn't, but I attempted to fill out that form from the link you supplied, it only gives me an error message, that it couldn't be submitted. 

I tried it in chrome, and then in IE, same error on both. I'm officially done trying now. Thanks for making this process so difficult, Sony. 

You need to accept cookies from the support site to be able to view the reporting form.  Can you submit a report now?

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 5 of 6 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Why don't you just block him and move on?

Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)
0 Likes