Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 07 2013
By: KHmstrx First Son 11 posts

I have like $100 missing from my bank from unauthorized purchases.... Account Hacked.

2 replies 166 views Edited Dec 7, 2013

Okay so I was one of those accounts that Sony reset my password the last couple weeks a few times.... I unfortnately trusted their online so i didn't take off my card info.... 

well today I got a package in the mail with my name and address that i didnt order, opened it up and it had TOWELS in it. LITERALLY Towels. so i run down to my bank, and find out they spent like 25 dollars on towels, and like 80 on an online purchase at Sears.  so im freaking out thinking that i used my card somewhere and somet one took ahold of it...

But i went on IGN tonight and looked at all the reports of people being charged off of psn but some other reports were from retail stores, ect. also how would the person get my full name and address??? one answer PSN. it has to be its too coincidental for this to have happened today when everyone is having unauthorized purchases. literally 100 dollars was like a lot of money for me and luckily they didn't take any more... hell i needed to take my cat to the vet... and i have a hospital bill.... my bank can't do anything till monday and this is Sony's fault.. and also my fault for trusting PSN. what should i do? even though they didnt make purchases on psn should i call sony? Because im freaking out.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17195 posts

Re: I have like $100 missing from my bank from unauthorized purchases.... Account Hacked.

Dec 7, 2013

You think someone got your card information and ordered merchandise to be shipped to you instead of getting something for themselves? That's not usually how it works. Return the towels for a refund if you don't want them. This has nothing to do with Sony or the PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: I have like $100 missing from my bank from unauthorized purchases.... Account Hacked.

Dec 7, 2013
Perhaps you had a drunk night of amazon shopping for Towels to clean up a mess you made?

Sony does not sell towels via the Playstation store as far as i have looked so it is highly unlikely to be something they can help solve.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)