May 18 2011
By: Anderoug First Son 3 posts

I had to reformat both HDD's on my PS3s, and am wondering how to get stuff back

3 replies 34 views Edited May 18, 2011

Basically, whenever I tried to log on to my PSN account (both PS3s), it said:  you cannot log in using someone else's id.

Which  is weird, of course.  But, I read online that that is because my PSP  was using the email address, so I deleted the account info on the PSP.   It didn't change anything.

Since Sony doesn't respond to my  emails, and they are no longer giving live help on the phone (recording  says they are too busy to talk to me), I had no choice but to delete my  account on the PS3, so I could get that screen that asks you to sign in  with an existing account.  I couldn't figure out any other way to do  that, besides the reformatting.

So, now I have an account, and I  am using the old email address, but I can't get my trophies to sync, and  I can't get a list of my downloads/transactions.  I realize that the  store stuff probably wouldn't be accessible anyway right now, but I  should be able to sync.

The problem is, even though I am using the same address, it is acting like it is a new account.

The  trophies aren't the biggest of deals, but I want all my DD's and DLC  and I also subscribed for a year to +, so I would like that service back  as well.

Does anyone know of a way to contact Sony, or am I screwed?  Its nice that they are so accessible.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: I had to reformat both HDD's on my PS3s, and am wondering how to get stuff back

May 20, 2011

Call them at 1-800-345-SONY.

Their tech support has been helping me immensely over the last few days.

Good Luck.

ShatteredRaven77

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: I had to reformat both HDD's on my PS3s, and am wondering how to get stuff back

May 20, 2011

Yeah, it took several days to even get a hold of the techs.

The guy that finally answered said that I have to wait a week (I don't know why), and then deactivate, and reactivate my account.

He said I will be able to get my trophies back.

I also can't play the games on my HDD, because it says I need to be logged in with the account that purchased the games.  I only have the one account, so I don't know what that is about.  

And, I can't sign in to PSN+ without that 'old' account either.

The tech said everything will work in a week, and I really don't believe that.

But, once the store is up, and it has a been a week, I'll probably have to call back.  Fun stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 20, 2011

Anderoug wrote:

Basically, whenever I tried to log on to my PSN account (both PS3s), it said:  you cannot log in using someone else's id.

Not so sure how this happened in the first place... my GF had her box stolen a while back, so I am kind of "care-taking" her account. Which came in handy during this whole process because I could get her account set up with a new password.

The only weird thing (she and I had a good laugh about it) was whomever WAS on when the other logged in got tossed off.

And no, she and I were NOT doing this to gain each other DLC... or purchased games (she's the big gamer and I have no interest in the TONS of stuff she has bought over time).

0 Likes