May 18 2013
By: favi85 First Son 2 posts

I did not Authorize a purchase.

3 replies 208 views Edited May 18, 2013

Anyone else have a surprise "Music Unlimited" suddenly purchased in their wallet?

I did not authorize the transaction.  It just happened.

Message 1 of 4 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: I did not Authorize a purchase.

May 18, 2013

Did you sign up for a free trial at all recently? It may have expired and automatically began charging you for the service (always read carefully when signing up for "free" trials.)

Or do you live with anyone who has access to your PS3 that might have signed up for the service without your consent?

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 18, 2013

no, i stayed away from music unlimited b/c i heard it wasn't good...Little Big Planet showed up in my purchase list as well, so this isn't the first time.  i've changed the options to make it more secure, but now i can't even access my password

my brother is the only one that has access and he assures me he didn't authorize it either.

Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41753 posts

May 18, 2013

favi85 wrote:

no, i stayed away from music unlimited b/c i heard it wasn't good...Little Big Planet showed up in my purchase list as well, so this isn't the first time.  i've changed the options to make it more secure, but now i can't even access my password

my brother is the only one that has access and he assures me he didn't authorize it either.

You can't change your password?

IF that's correct then it appears someone else 'may' have control of your account.

Ask you little brother again if he know's anything about it or whether he did something or spoke to someone that may have effected this, ask him if he gave out your password to anyone else, do it calmly & tell him he won't be in trouble it's just important that you know if he did "ANYTHING' at all that may have influenced this.

If after tying to change your password & speaking to your little brother again you're convinced it wasn't something that you or your little brother did then go ahead & contact Sony customer support, if you can prove to them that you are the legal owner of the account then you should get access back again.

Good luck.

Here's the number, also if you prefer there is a 'live chat' option, click the link in my signature if you prefer that option.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)