Jun 04 2011
By: Golume First Son 4 posts

I can't download my second free game.

11 replies 404 views Edited Jun 4, 2011

Yesterday, I downloaded inFamous for free, as part of the Welcome back program.  Then, I decided to download Dead Nation the next day, so I installed Free PS3 game 2, so I could be ready to download it.  Today, I went on the PSN Store, and all it says is Free PSP game 1 and Free PSP game 2.  I can't download Dead Nation for free, please help!

Message 1 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: I can't download my second free game.

Jun 4, 2011

This also happened to me.

Message 2 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Okay, I'm looking for a possible way to be able to download the game...

Message 3 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Re: Lost 1 free game from "Welcome Back" program due to PSN error

Follow this to access your games again, Also due to high volume keep trying no matter the error messages.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely or have been kicked off due to high traffic  you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

3. Choose “SCEA Promotions” from the list of services displayed

4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games or be allowed to download an activated game that may have not shown up due to the hightraffic demand.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Account Management > Transaction Management> Services List> Scea Promotion>  Pick one of the options and see which free voucher you have not used.

Message 5 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Thank you so much!  It worked!

Message 6 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Dito! Sony/Playstation, PLease help out with this error.

@NashVillian, we posted at teh exact same time... Thank you for your help. this worked perfectly and I found somethin new out about my PS3 OS. Very Cool! :-)

-May the Gods Have Mercy on Your Soul!-

Message 7 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Golume wrote:

Yesterday, I downloaded inFamous for free, as part of the Welcome back program.  Then, I decided to download Dead Nation the next day, so I installed Free PS3 game 2, so I could be ready to download it.  Today, I went on the PSN Store, and all it says is Free PSP game 1 and Free PSP game 2.  I can't download Dead Nation for free, please help!

Damn same thing happened to me, i downloaded Infamous 1st well i already beat it but since the choices were limited and im getting infamous 2 next week i thought id get my head back into infamous to prepair(the demo was crazy). Then after I installed the free game 2 an error popped up again  I pressed circle as i did before and the whole button vanished not allowing me to get LBP,   but i got LBP on PSP as well as that cop game. Im  little pissed as im possitive thousands of people got this problem, I had a feeling they rushed actiivating the store, it was buggy from the start, but it let me download the rest of the borderlands dlc so i thought maybe it was just a small problem. 1 thing i did that i thought was the problem is a installed free game 2 1st  then free game 1 but i see that wasn't the problem. I was about to call but I think they are probobly getting and overhaul of calls already so Ill wait. I hope they fix it.

ILL__WILL Trophy Card
Message 8 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Follow Nashvillain15 's post as this was the only way I could find to reclaim my lost game download, it does work.

Message 9 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Nashvillain15 wrote:

Re: Lost 1 free game from "Welcome Back" program due to PSN error

Follow this to access your games again, Also due to high volume keep trying no matter the error messages.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely or have been kicked off due to high traffic  you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

3. Choose “SCEA Promotions” from the list of services displayed

4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games or be allowed to download an activated game that may have not shown up due to the hightraffic demand.

Good Luck.

it works...TY

ILL__WILL Trophy Card
Message 10 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes