Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

gummiworms wrote:

Hello all, I just tried to add funds to my wallet through my credit card and it did work.  Perhaps the issues we were all having earlier (myself included) has passed.  Just thought I would pass on the news

Did you have to do anything different than what you tried before or did it just work all of the sudden?

Message 121 of 337 (13,496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Sep 30, 2012

yeah, still not working at all. I've tried multiple CC numbers, entering, and re-entering multiple times.

Sony really needs to take a step back and think to themselves "is every one of our customers screwing up information that they've been using their whole lives?" because that is the reply that EVERYONE has gotten... that it is something wrong on our end. 

FALSE. it is something going on, on their end. 

I am trying to pre order NBA 2k13 to give this whole digital gaming thing a shot... great first impression, Sony.

Message 122 of 337 (13,424 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I have been trying to make any of my accounts work for about 6 weeks now. no luck. ps3 or computer. no luck. multiple credit card types. no luck. I can tell you that i will never by a digital download with a playstation plus member again . not worth the few dollar discount (yes- know some are free) . Keep in mind those games are only yours to play as long as your plus membership is active. If auto renewal fails due to this problem you better be sure to watch your expiration dates on the service. I have been told by the people at 1-800-345-7669 (1-800-345-sony) that if your membership expires you may have to pay again to have the games work even if your membership only lapses for a day. They "think" .. Not sure they say. they do however seem to think that your online cloud gamesave storage "may' be retrievable for up to 30 days if you renew. maybe. Isn't that kind of reassuring??? On second thought no more digital download games for me. I want a disc i can OWN and hold in my hand and take to a friends house to play.
Message 123 of 337 (13,389 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Oct 3, 2012

This has happened to me in the past. Also, it happened to me more recently when Mortal Kombat Vita was released earlier this year. It took me about three weeks to finally buy it on PSN, via my PS3, with my original credit card. The ironic thing is my card is the PlayStation Capital One credit card. I never have a balance on it and use it soley for PSN purchases due to 10x the points.

Now I'm getting this same error trying to purchase LittleBigPlanet Vita. I finished the demo and it prompted me to purchase. So I tried to purchase and got the dreaded error code that prevents the funds from being added. I have deleted and re-input all my billing information many times, but still no luck. This is the same thing that happened with Mortal Kombat Vita. I then tried buying through my PS3, but got denied. I tried a few times last Friday to add funds and when that didn't work I decided to give it 48 hours and try again on Sunday. Sunday comes around and still cannot add funds. I then gave it till today, another 48 hours, but still no luck. I guess I'll give it till Friday to try again.

I actually bought Killzone 3 multiplayer on this same card, through PSN, about three weeks ago. I honestly think my Vita is causing an issue whenever I try to buy anything through it's store. I will never try to buy anything through my Vita again. I will buy my Vita stuff through my PS3 in the future until they get this permanently resolved.

There's no way I'm buying a PSN card, when I've got a PlayStation credit card specifically for PSN purchases.

I really do think the problem is on Sony's end. I guess this isn't a huge concern for them? Someone at Sony should truly investigate this issue. This problem has been happening on and off for me for the past 3 - 4 years.

I want my digital download LittleBigPlanet Vita game! Smiley Tongue

PSN: Hazelhurst
Message 124 of 337 (13,328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 3, 2012

No , it is not your vita. I have had the same problem for 7 weeks now. tried via my ps3 console and on the pc. I also have a psn credit card- the one advertised on the ps3. It worked once and never again. I have also tried various visa, mastercard, and discover cards. All have worked in the past . Some of the cards are the same ones that have been on file for quite a while and have been used to buy playstation plus memberships and various games. For some reason this problem started for me in early august 2012 . Sony customer service says thaey are aware of the problem but they don't know if it can or will be fixed. That comes right from a "customer service" rep at 1-800-345-SONY. Inspires confidence doesn't it???

Message 125 of 337 (13,311 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I've had this problem for the past week. It will once in a while let a transaction through, but I mostly get errors all over the place no matter how I format my billing info.

Happens with the PS3 and the Vita.... it's just a lot of "Missed Charges" in my history.

My credit cards are working fine for everything else.

Message 126 of 337 (13,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 4, 2012

hi trying to add some money to my wallet and its not workin soo im goin to xbox as dnt like how sony go down bye sony people

Message 127 of 337 (13,239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2012
guys i still have the same problem i want to use a prepaid card and when i try to add funds its says invalid coz either the pass is invalid or no accurate anymore **bleep** plz help me
Message 128 of 337 (13,143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2012
i havent used it even once when i tryed to add funds coz it wont let me
Message 129 of 337 (13,142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I haven't tried to purchase LBP Vita since last Tuesday. I just tried it again and I still cannot add funds. This is ridiculous. I wonder how many sales Sony loses because of this bug?

I've never had so much trouble trying to buy a digital item from any other site/service.

PSN: Hazelhurst
Message 130 of 337 (13,113 Views)