First Son
2 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

I am having the same problem as all of you guys, but in my case it is much worse because I live in Croatia (Europe) and there is no way to buy PSN cards in my country, the only option that is left are the credit cards and they wont work (cannot add funds to wallet) so I can't add  any funds to my wallet at all, please sony do something about this.

I really don't want to switch to  xbox because i dont want to lose all of my saved data and all of my PSN friend (almost everybody has Playstation 3 here) and I don't even want to mention that I have a Playstation + subscription.

I also cannot believe that you haven't been able to solve this problem in more than 3 years, that really makes me even more sceptical about you solving this problem soon because if you have been able to ignore all of us for 3 years and do nothing why should I or any of us think that you would do anything now.

Also i have read the whole topic on this forum, did everything possible to make sure that the problem is with Sony, not me and I am really frustrated with having no answers about this.

Also the people on this forum that have mentioned loosing their Playstation + subscriptions should really consider lawsuits against Sony beacuse they are loosing their money because of this glitch, bug or whatever it is that Sony cannot even tell anything about to calm us down or explain what is happening.

I am really angry about this and I really struggled not to swear in this reply, so I am sorry about any grammar erorrs.

Sincerely vanjapro

Message 91 of 337 (5,258 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 17, 2012

There are websites you can go to and get a psn card in whatever currency you need . Just search for psn cards. Your credit card will work on their sites. Just not SONY's.  I was told by customer service at sony that if i let my playstation plus membership expire even for a day that i "may" lose all my online save data and the discounted games i bought "may" have to be re=purchased. Kind of makes the auto renewal process a joke if they cannot process credit cards. I have decided that i will go get the stupid psn cards to renew but i will never again buy a "discounted' game. If you pay full price and forgo the $3 discount at least the game is yours to keep as long as the user who bought it is on that ps3 console. Makes no difference at that point whether your plus membership is active or not. Create a new user on your console to make the purchase. that way it will not automatically list the purchase as a 'plus' member purchase and subject it to deactivation should your plus member ship expire. I have purchased a second ps3 console and put the users with plus memberships on that console so i can download all my cloud saves to that console for safe keeping for when this whole plus thing turns to crap and  goes away. If SONY cannot fix this credit card [problem how many users plus memberships will auto-  EXPIRE at renewal time without them even knowing it. If they have not tried funding their wallet within the past month or so they do not even know what is about to happen. 

Message 92 of 337 (5,233 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Thanks I will try to buy the PSN cards online then, the onlly thing that Im worried about is if they are going to work on my account because In Croatia we have a different currency on the PSN (HR KN) and I am not sure if my accunt is going to accept 20$ PSN cards, I have tryed to find PSN cards with my currency but I didn't manage to find them.

The funniest thing is that you were able to buy these PSN cards in my country in local stores and the Sony center but they have all stopped ordering them in the same time and now you cant buy them anywhere.

I don't know if this is due to ceasing their manufactoring so I am kinda stuck with this.

I hope that the PSN cards with different currency work and I will try to make another account for buying stuff.

Thanks alot for the answer, helps me out a ton! Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 337 (5,230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I have used a website called 

pcgamesupply.com 

they have psn cards in us  uk  japan  german  and a couple of others regions.

emailed the code to me in less than 30 minutes. Hope they have the type you need.

Message 94 of 337 (5,212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I'm haing the same issue.  Come on Sony.  Do something about this.

Message 95 of 337 (5,192 Views)
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I'm having this issue too, I'm glad I'm not a PS+ subscriber.

But this is pretty scary. I don't want to keep buying $20 cards when I don't usually spend that much, just 2 bucks here and there. I want to have control over what I buy, which is why I use the CC. I never had this problem before, but now?

But what's scariest is that Sony doesn't seem to give a **bleep** about all these people with this very big problem. That's not cool. They should want to serve their customers and help them with their issues, not take their money and ignore them. That's so wrong. Why would they do that? Do they really think they can just get away with this.

I've been with Sony since the start, but I've had enough. Next generation, I'm going with Microsoft. Enough is really enough. I can handle a lousy product as long as the customer service is there. Customer service means they actually consider their customers to be human beings, not bags filled with money to be poked and emptied and thrown away at their leisure.

Sony, if there's a problem, tell us. If there's no solution, tell us and we'll move on. Sony, treat us as people, **bleep** it.

Message 96 of 337 (5,111 Views)
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

No, Brit, it's not bleeping Solved.

People have tried to add funds through the website. I have tried to add funds to the website. IT DOES NOT WORK.

You can't just declade something SOLVED and then ignore the problem.

I am going to come back every bleeping day and bump this thread to the top until I get banned, or it gets solved for REAL.

Message 97 of 337 (5,110 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Just to let you know- Sony suggested that it was something in my network causing the problem- even though capital one credit card people told me that on their computers they could see - and approved- the transaction - and sent the approval back to sony for processing. For some reason sony could not process the sale. I was on the phone with cap one and tried to fund my wallet on a PC AND a console while they monitored it. The guy told me exactly what card i was using and the amount i was trying to fund.

Anyway- sonys 'possible" solution was to go to a friends house - outside my network- and try to fund my wallet using their computer. No Luck. But it did keep me from calling sony for a couple of days.

Message 98 of 337 (5,102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

This is really starting to get to me. All I wanted to do was to buy a couple games to play with my friends but now I can't do that as the store is broken. Sony, why you know wanna take my money?

Message 99 of 337 (5,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I've been having the same problem in Canada. Tuesday night I took advantage of the rock band sale and bought a bunch of track packs in the PS+ sale, as well as others. No problem.

3 hours later I went to buy a bunch of singles and got the "Funds can't be added to your wallet" error. I kept retrying, re-entered billing info, etc, and it went from "Funds" to that  error 80023102. I've tried adding funds ever since, between $50 dollar or a $.99 purchase and no luck.

Very annoyed, especially by the silence. I've emailes, tweeted, and now this. Come one already! 

Message 100 of 337 (5,071 Views)
0 Likes