Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

Jan 3, 2013

Bump, still not fixed.... What's taking so long Sony...

Message 211 of 329 (1,927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 6, 2013

yeah this sucks my credit card worked fine just in early dec.....now it wont add funds same error message crap...try again later, re-enter your billing...and I just saw the go to a friends house to load funds comment....what crap is that .
thats why we buy our own systems so we can do it at homw not run to some one else house and try try try. Fix this problem Sony......I hear alot of disappointed customer adn wuite a few are speaking of going to microsoft X-box conole....Sony will be kicked out the the game console run in no time ..if they can't please there customers.......this is a side way to start the new year

Message 212 of 329 (1,834 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I'm having the same problem, I've been purchasing various things the last couple of years using the same card and all of a sudden it gives me an error and I've not changed anything in the account details.  I call PSN support and they just tell me to check the billing address which is stupid cos I've not changed a thing from three days ago when I was able to purchase Mortal Kombat!  I'm going to lose out on a couple of sale items I'm trying to pick up before they expire tomorrow or Tuesday and I'm not able to find prepaid PSN cards anywhere so that's not an option!

Aaaaaghhhh this sucks, how much more would Sony sell if they made their purchasing process a little more stable and less finicky?!

Message 213 of 329 (1,812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Sony . . . **bleep** is going on?!  You validate my credit card (I can see a $1 pending charge) but when I try to add funds to my wallet I get a message saying it can't be done.  This has happened with two different cards, one of which has been on file for years without any changes.  I've tried from my PS3 and my computer via the website.  I've tried multiple times now over the last half hour and it's the same thing.  I guess you don't want me to spend money and buy stuff from your PS Store.  From the looks of it, it's been going on for days.  FIX THIS!!!!!!!!

Message 214 of 329 (1,803 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Just had this happen to me.  I wanted to get AC III: Liberation on my Vita.  I added $25 through the card I had on file, no problem.  Went to add an additional $10 and guess what?  "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."  This is the same card that quite literally worked less than 30 seconds earlier.  And yeah, there's definitely cash on the card.  Next, I tried switching to a different card, but I got the same message.  I'm gonna try a third card while I'm on hold with customer support, but seriously, this is ridiculous.

EDIT: So I spoke with a customer support rep who basically told me I just had to wait it out.  I asked to speak with a supervisor.  He said to me that there's absolutely nothing Sony can do about it and that I'll have to wait for -- get this -- 24 hours to 7 days.  Yeah.  So basically the only solution to this problem is to sit around and twiddle your thumbs until the PSN gods magically resolve the issue with no help from Sony itself.  I love your systems, and your TVs, Sony, but your customer service is the pits.  Can't believe this has been happening since 2011 and no one has figured out a fix for your customers.  Guess I won't be playing my Vita any time soon.

Message 215 of 329 (1,796 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 7, 2013

It seems like you are pushing us to go to Microsoft or Nintendo. I have been having this error ever since you upgraded your Playstation Store. 

Hard to make money when your system does not allow us to pay right?

Message 216 of 329 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I personally got done talking with my Bank. They informed me, while everything is right on the card..That the request is being denied because there's no 'Amount Being Entered' during the transaction. So, despite you agreeing to add the funds..It sounds like it's not transmitting over to the bank electronically properlly.

Though I really can't explain how it works a few seconds ago, then do it again and it suddenly stops.

Message 217 of 329 (1,643 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

I just got a PS3 today, after a long search for a Blu-Ray player with comnponent out. So, I figured "if I'm going to do this, I might as well go all the way." So I go to sign up for Playstation Plus aaaaand..."an error has occured." "The funds could not be added to your wallet. (56)." I  KNOW that I got my details right, because instead of entering them manually, I actually copy and pasted the info directly from my online bank statements.

Now I see this topic going back months. I'm truly baffled at how Sony can let something like this go for so long. I mean, it's one thing when it's just a bug in some software, or a product flaw; at least then I can wrap my mind around the concept of corporate greed and apathy, but in this situation, I'm actuallyin the process of trying to give them my money and I can't do it. You'd think they'd put some hussle into fixing something like that. I wonder how much this is costing them? I know for a fact it just cost them a $50.00 sale, and possibly more; I'm obviously not going to bother poking around the store if I can't buy anything.

It's like they're forcing me to boycott them...

edit: of further note, I went to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to try to add funds, and it said my wallet was last funded on 06/10/2041. My, wasn't that nice of future me?!

Message 218 of 329 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Honestly, after 2 years of no problems I suddenly start receiving this error. One day I can add funds, another day it will not let me and I'll get locked out. Today is the second day, in a row, where I am unable to add funds to my account, and I'm locked out again...
Message 219 of 329 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 19, 2013
After the maintenance i can't add money to my account error (56) fix it FAST
Message 220 of 329 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes