First Son
1 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

Dec 5, 2012

Same problem! im **bleep** tbh because in Assassins creed 3 theres these champion packs that go away every week. if i cant buy it then they are gone so im pretty much on a timeline Smiley Sad FIX IT SONY! OR ELSE ILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU EVER AGAIN!

Message 191 of 337 (2,981 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

I am a new costumer from Mexico, I had used from years my credit card to buy games on steam and xbox I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with my card, now I tried the Vita is the first portable I got and jumped into Sony because it has the best hardware.

With my brand new vita the first thing I wanted is to give to Sony some money and buy new games, I gone to the store and surprise “your credit card is not valid” I jumped into the forums in Spanish and English and this sucks, A LOT of post with this issues and no one from Sonny gives a **bleep** about it. You only get the retarded solution to check that your data matches with the bank or buy their **bleep** cards.

I’m so sorry I didn’t buy a 3ds Sony deserves to bankrupt and all his employs to never get a job again

Message 192 of 337 (2,841 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Bumping this thread just to add myself to the general outcry.

I've gone through every possible step to ensure that I stop getting error 56. Plenty of money in my bank account, no holds on my debit card, billing information matches PERFECTLY, and I still can't add funds to my wallet on the SEN website or Playstation Store.

I will NOT be buying any prepaid cards since even those apparently don't work half the time.

Get it together, Sony. God knows you need the revenue...

Message 193 of 337 (2,813 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

I'm also getting the error code 56 problem. Called Sony, they said it was some identity protection nonsense and to call my credit card company. So I did, they said there were no problems, the billing info was matching fine, there was no reason to them to block it. But that Sony was sending transaction reversals with no dollar amount attached so clearly Sony is doing something wrong as my credit card is used constantly and works fine. Hooray for unsuccessfully trying to lie to me, Sony?

Edit: Tried again a few hours after calling Sony, the guy had me on hold for some time while he "checked some things", now stuff mysteriously works? They must've done something.

I should also mention that it's pretty stupid to make it so I can force someone to enter my password during the checkout process but can add funds using my credit card (if it was even working) without having to enter that password. You have to enter it on the Add Funds found in the XMB but once you're in the store? Go wild, no password required. The old PSN store had this issue a long time ago too, you could turn off "ask for password at checkout" without entering your password... that's some awesome quality control.

Message 194 of 337 (2,763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 13, 2012

thats exactly whats happening to me!, I checked my transaction history on the SEN website and theres 4 "Missed Charges" all for $0.00 on Dec,10,2012. Thats the day I tried to buy Far Cry 3 but instead got a kick in the balls from Sony.

Can I have the number you called? Because the number I called apparently wasnt able to solve any network issues.

Message 195 of 337 (2,692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I have been getting this problem for the last 2 days.  I am trying to add from a pre-paid PSN card that was just purchased- I type in the number, and it acknowledges it and shows how much the card is for (so clearly it is activated), but then when I try to add those funds to wallet it just says "cannot add funds to wallet".  I have tried both from my PC and from the PS3 and still nothing.

I don't get this.

Message 196 of 337 (2,577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012
NVM. I found a work around- Go to Master Account online and then instead of using the Redeem Card menu use the "Wallet" menu, then it has an icon that says "redeem prepaid card". Click that and you should be fine. It takes you to the same place that "Redeem Card" does, but for some reason it works when you get their by a different path.
Message 197 of 337 (2,574 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Wormdaddy73 wrote:
NVM. I found a work around- Go to Master Account online and then instead of using the Redeem Card menu use the "Wallet" menu, then it has an icon that says "redeem prepaid card". Click that and you should be fine. It takes you to the same place that "Redeem Card" does, but for some reason it works when you get their by a different path.

How? Still nothing for me

I have tried going to Redeem Prepaid Card directly from the menu on the left side, and have tried the other path wich is, first Wallet-Add Fund to Wallet-Use Prepaid Card- I enter the code, appears the money xx+50=xx+50, i click on Yes, I agree. Add fund to my Wallet. and it appears: !the prepaid card is incorrect or is no longer valid. Need some help here pls!

Message 198 of 337 (2,526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2012

this is annoying.  the best way around it is to buy a $20 or $50 prepaid card from amazon.com

You don't have to wait for them to mail a card to you, after you purchase it they give you the prepaid code which can immediately be added to your wallet

Message 199 of 337 (2,409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Same problem, what is this error? 

Message 200 of 337 (2,305 Views)
0 Likes