Jul 16, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 329 (13,436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

Jul 18, 2012

Not sure if the problems other were facing were solved, but I'm having the same issue mentioned by so many others.

I bought a prepaid PSN card, as I have done many times past. When I imput the code, I get a message saying "this will add U$ 20 to your account". I choose "yes" and all I get is "funds could not be added to your wallet", with nothing else for me to go on. I've tried adding funds through PlayStation's website, but it doesn't work as well. Instead of the "funds could not be added to your wallet", the message that appears is "the code is either wrong or is invalid".

Really, I don't mean to keep comparing or saying crap about a service because, you know, there are games that I really like that are only on the PS3. But to be unable to add funds to your account for two days in a row is ridiculous. I've bought games on Xbox Live Arcade last week and this proccess took seconds. The same could be said about Steam, in which all I have to do is click "buy game" and I'll have it. But, alas, it is not so with PSN, and this is really frustrating. Worst of all is noticing that there is never a concrete solution. Looking for people with the same problem, I've found threads that date back to 2009, with people complaining they're having the same issue. This shouldn't happen anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 329 (13,399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2012

For the last 2 days I have been unable to add funds to my account. I'm not happy about this...

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 329 (13,390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 18, 2012

So, a little update that might be able to help those having the same problem (with prepaid cards).

I got in touch with Sony Support. They got back a couple of hours later, asking for more info (such as the store in which I bought the prepaid card). After sending them all they asked for, they replied, saying they'd be able to redeem the code for me themselves. The only problem is, they asked for a copy of the prepaid's card front and back, which I don't have since I bought the code online. Still, I sent them what I had and hopefully that'll be enough.

Their message said they should redeem the code from 3-5 business days. It sucks to have to wait, but, if it all works, at least I won't have lost US 20.

Still, unless they do something to fix this, I'll be very wary of buying things through PSN in the future. Unless it's an exclusive game (Dyad, I want you so much), I'll get it somewhere else.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 329 (13,379 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Well, add me to the list who keep getting that annoying error code. I've used my debit cards for years now buying from the PSN Store and now of a sudden I can't. I recently transferred my PS3 data from one old PS3 to a new one, but everything worked fine after that and was able to buy dlc. (Harley Quinn's Revenge and Walking Dead Episode 2, quite a few Mass Effect 3 Packs.) Then, in the midst of purchasing a Premium Spectre Pack (ME3) I got that error code and have been getting it since. Tried everything mentioned, nothing works. Looks like I won't be a Playstation Plus subscriber for long if I can't pay you, Sony. Fix this.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 329 (13,355 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Now I'm having issues - Never ever had a problem with anything on PSN before.  After the hack last year, I deleted all my CC info and have been using pre-paid cards, with no problems.  My PS+ membership expires in 3 weeks, so I ran out to Wal-Mart last night and bought a 12 month pre-paid card.  When I enter in the code, it recognizes it as a 12 month subscription, and when I hit confirm, I get the error message.  "An error has occured 80023102"

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 329 (13,207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Same thing here cant add with debt card
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 329 (13,152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 18, 2012

I have 6 user accounts with plus memberships. all with different cards assigned to them. can't add funds to any of them.  Plus memberships expiring soon. Sony is no help. Their "fix" is to just go buy pre paid cards.  tech support people are useless.

check the spelling, verify the address, call the credit card company, try a new card, buy psn cards, and my favorite- wait 2 days and try again.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 329 (12,822 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I'm having this problem as well and it's downright annoying. I tried two cards already with capital letters on the billing addresses and everything. The only result I've had is two $1.00 charges to my card. What's going on here?

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 329 (12,815 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

edit: well, nevermind. problem solved for me.

Support PFP, Pistols for Pandas! They need all the firepower they can get!
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 329 (12,802 Views)
0 Likes