First Son
1 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

Mar 19, 2012

It's March 18th and I still cannot add funds or enter my card info... I did everything mentioned on this forum regarding the credit card info.

I had not played my PS3 for 3 months, been playing my XBox because... of course... Microsoft has a more stable network.

I'm trying to get Journey but I can't.

Do Sony reps ever read these forums? Do they have any idea how much of a problem this is?

I really don't want this idiotic frustration to make me sell my PS3 but this bull&^$t is really pushing me!

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2012

Adding to the list here, bought a digital US PSN card off play-asia, and when I tried entering the code on my US account, it tells me that the code is no longer valid/incorrect. What's funny is I bought a UK PSN card for my UK account few weeks back and that worked out fine.

Please tell me I haven't wasted $20 on it, I only wanted to get Journey!

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2012

Well, on March 3rd, I signed in to PSN to buy Flower. Everything went as planned - I added it to my cart, added the funds, and bought it. I played through it in the following days, then didn't even touch my PS3 for a couple weeks.

Then, Journey comes out. So on Sunday, I went on to PSN to buy it, and Sony spits back a useless error message that says "funds could not be added to my wallet." Confusing as heck. So I tried all kinds of things - I checked my financials to make sure everything was okay there, I checked my credit card information, I re-entered my credit card information...nothing makes a difference. This is especially frustrating, because nothing about my account or my card changed! It worked fine two weeks ago, why doesn't it now?

I've tried this again every day since Sunday, and have had no luck. I'm 100% confident that my information is correct and that I have enough money to complete the transaction, yet I can't buy this game.

If this game wasn't an exclusive, I would have bought it elsewhere long ago. Sony would be wise to implement more payment options (so this issue can be circumvented), better error messages that actually have meaning and suggestion, and better customer service so that threads like this don't just float by in the wind. If I was on Amazon they would have resolved this issue already, and if I was doing this with Microsoft I could contact their support Twitter feed and hear back instantly. Instead, it's been 3 days and Sony just doesn't want my money.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 29, 2012

March 29th, 2012 here.

I kept hearing good things about Journey, and I even managed to convince my usually game-hating wife to give it a try.  But, alas, as I tried to add funds to my account. I got the same error: "funds could not be added to my wallet."

I did the same thing as others and triple-checked all my cards, and even tried to add other cards to use, but then I was told that the CC number I entered was invalid.  (cue areyouf***ingserious.jpg)

So, sadly, I'm off to Youtube now to find a playthrough without commentary that can satisfy my curiousity about the game, instead of being able to experience the game for myself.

Way to go Sony...

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Have you guys tried putting your address in all capital letters? It took me a good chunk of the day to figure it out

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 4, 2012

Buying a PSN card doesn't work. That is what I decided to do, but keep getting "this service is currently undergoing maintenance" on the PS3 and on Qriocity. How can Sony not have fixed this yet? How am I supposed to buy games?

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 5, 2012

Yes this blows. First time i am trying to add money and it doesn't work through computer or Playstation. CC is good and the PS and account are the originals since 08. Oh well luckly it's nothing important that i need

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2012

I still can't add money too my wallet Please Help! Tried with computer and PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 329 (3,405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Hello, 

I am having the exact same problem as you are because when my dad said I could add funds to my PSN it said repeatedly cannot add funds to wallet, thn after a while it said an error has occured (85088542) so then I left the whole thing for 2-3 days and then it said your funds have been added to the wallet. So maybe if you try to leave the money for a few days it may then work.

I hope this helps you situation 

Yours faithfully KiD_-DyNaMiTe-

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 329 (3,289 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2012

I cant never add funds to my wallet either. Could somebody just help me out.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 329 (3,258 Views)
0 Likes