Splicer
58 posts

Re: I can't add funds to my wallet?

Dec 22, 2011

Were you able to fix the problem? I've never had the error message "the funds could not be added to your wallet" before until tonight. I'm trying to buy the LA Noire bundle, but I just can't add funds to my account... and I've tried three credit cards now! What the hell is going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 329 (3,065 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3512 posts

Dec 22, 2011

After spending almost 100 bucks just about an hour ago in Home,My CC quit working again.I drove to store and it works.I used it.I also called my CC company and there is no problems...PLEASE HELP..It's Christmas!!!..Please.I have gifts to buy for people on Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 329 (3,065 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 26, 2011

This is a very annoying problem that I am having and a numerous amount of other people have had. There are many things you can do though to correct this:

1. Buy a PSN Card

2. Make sure your information is all correct exactly as your credit card shows

3. Check if your credit card is not out of funds in the first place

4. If you are using a debit card, it may not work due to the hacking problem and the safety precautions set forward from SONY regarding debit card usage, instead try a credit card

5. Make sure your appartment address is not on the second line

If all of those have been checked and it's still not working, idk what to tell you. I've done all that and my funds still can't be added, the only way at the moment is for me to add a PSN card fund, but it is a very annoying problem and SONY really doesn't have a clue why this happens because they aren't any help. If I was you, I would wait a couple days by deleting your billing information, then try again in a few days or a week. Sometimes the server just screws up.

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 329 (3,065 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Sony, this is absolutely rediculous.  I have not been able to buy any games/add ons for over a year.  Cannot update charge card on the PS3 or on the web through Qriocity.  Have tried several VALID cards.  Have tried every single suggestion, forum, help line etc with no luck.

This is like 3rd grade economics and I would think this would be a top priority to fix.  How about adding the ability to add funds to your wallet via PayPal?  Lets get with 2012.

SONY - YOU COULD BE MAKING MUCH MORE MONEY!  I WANT TO BUY FROM YOU!  DO YOU NOT WANT THAT?  YOU ARE A BIG COMPANY WITH LOTS OF MONEY AND RESOURCES.  FIX IT!

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 329 (3,065 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I agree.

This is beyond ludicrous. Tried 2 credit cards and a debit card and got nowhere.

It's bad enough that after giving away so many credit card numbers that Sony gave me a paltry 3 months of Playstation Plus and stopped making backwards compatible systems, despite using that feature as such a strong marketing tactic. Now they don't want my money? Money I am trying to spend on games I still own but cannot play because of their plan to get me to spend more money? Talk about your all time backfires.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 329 (3,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 18, 2012

I trully feel your frustrations all.

So, I know this has been mentioned before by others more savvy than I, but after days (and I know some have endured longer) of making sure I had ALL my info correct (right down to my shoe size ;-), and had plenty on my CC, this ended up being the best (and I say it sparingly) 'fix' (which I will now steal from Cyclone567's comments above)...

"Buy a PSN card"

I know, I know, I too would rather just have Sony get it's (ahem) s**t together, but for whatever reasons (or lack thereof), I went down and purchased a couple cards, uploaded them and was back in business.

Plus, (and I'm NOT preaching - even a little bit - just saying), I don't get dinged with those really awesome CC 'Interest on Purchases' charges, and the PSN cards did make reliable X-mas gifts (albeit, extra effort ones)

Sorry I don't have any more 'helpful' info, but it was the best option I found that 'worked'.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 329 (3,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Here we are, January 24th, 2012 and still the same problem with no fix in sight. Sony, do you NOT want my money? Figure it out please! I'm not going out of my way to buy a PSN card, because thats the point of having a credit card and PSN accepting it, so that I dont have to go out of my way to buy a PSN card.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 329 (3,064 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 7, 2012

I have read all the post since last year about this issue, just for the record I just got the same nonsense message, it's February 6th 2012 & still hasn't been solved yet. I have the same symptoms, no problems before, my billing & credit card info is correct. I'm not use to post messages but it's incredible how Sony is just ignoring all this. we need an answer!

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 329 (3,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I know what you mean, I tried to add funds so that I could buy both DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2 but that error message came up so I only had enough for only the colliseum battle against Lightning & Amodor.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 329 (3,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2012

i am having the same problem with a prepaid visa card!!

any idea?

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 329 (3,064 Views)
0 Likes