Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2011
By: DylanBaseball24 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

I am trying to change my password but my playstation account email is no longer valid and apperently I have no secret question what do i do?

16 replies 28076 views Edited May 17, 2011

I am trying to change my password but my playstation account email is no longer valid and apperently I have no secret question what do i do?

Message 1 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29199 posts

Re: I am trying to change my password but my playstation account email is no longer valid and apperently I have no secret question what do i do?

May 17, 2011

Try this! I suspect the number will be overloaded.

___

800-345-7669

If you cannot receive messages at the e-mail address you have registered  as your sign-in ID, before changing your password, make sure you have  an e-mail address where you can receive messages and then contact  PlayStation® Consumer Support.

Message 2 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Re: I am trying to change my password but my playstation account email is no longer valid and apperently I have no secret question what do i do?

May 17, 2011

!-800-345-SONY

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 3 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 17, 2011

i tried but high volume calling thats why i asked here

Message 4 of 17 (28,076 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

May 17, 2011

Here's some very useful password reset information on the PlayStation Knowledge Center: Click Here

Message 5 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 17, 2011

Well I can't get emails becuz i changed internet providers so i cant do any of it and when i enter the password in on my ps3 it tells me it is invalid after i updated firmware

Message 6 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25944 posts

May 17, 2011

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered

+ Posted by Jeff Rubenstein // Social Media Manager

Q: I’m having trouble changing my password/I forgot which email I used on my account/I used a fake email to set up my account.

A: Click here for a set of tips on resetting your password. If you’ve gone through the process and are waiting for an email from us, please note that the very large number of requests has caused certain ISPs to slow the rate at which recipients get emails from us. Please be patient as the systems work through the backlog.

From the Knowledge Center:

Answer ID: 2360
With PlayStation®Network back online, how do I reset my password and manage my information?

PlayStation Network is back online. You will need to download and install a new firmware update before you can sign in to your account. Once the update is installed, you will be prompted to change your password. This procedure is one of the new security measures put in place for your protection. Below are some first steps and tips to get you signed in:

Note: PSN services are gradually being restored to different regions of the country and may not yet be active in your area. Please refer to this coverage map for updates. We thank you for your patience as we work to get you connected again.

• Update your passwordNOTE: Please do not click the “Forgot your password” button multiple times as this will send a new email request to Sony for every button press. The system will lock you out for a rolling 24 hour period after the third request.
    On the PS3, you will be prompted to update to the latest system software. After you update, enter your Sign-In ID and password you will be prompted to change your password. If your account isn't activated with your system (never downloaded anything using this system), an email will be sent with instructions on how to reset your password. Please note that due to high traffic volume following the restoration of some PSN services, it may take up to 24 hours to receive a password reset email.

From a PC, enter your current Sign-in ID and password. A notification will pop up saying an email will be sent to your Sign-in ID (email address) with instructions on how to change your password.

For the PSP system, you will not be able to sign in to the PlayStation Network or change your password. You will have to change your password from a PS3 or from a PC before you can access the PlayStation Network on your PSP system. You cannot change your password from Media Go at this time.
    • Due to the high volume of password reset requests, there may be a significant delay between pressing the “Forgot your password”button and receiving the password reset email so please be patient.
    • If you have pressed the “Forgot your password” button multiple times, use the temporary reset link from the LAST email you receive from Sony as it will contain the current and only valid link.
  • What if I don't remember what email address I used for my PlayStation Network account?
    If you don't remember the email address of your PlayStation Network account, there are a couple ways to find out.
    1. If you received the email from us about PlayStation Network and Qriocity being offline, that email address that received it is the one linked to your PlayStation Network account.
    2. Check your past emails looking for emails from "DoNotReply@ac.playstation.com". All transactions on the PlayStation Network will generate a confirmation email sent to the email address of the PlayStation Network account.
  • I provided a fake email address, birthday, and or other identifying information and don't remember it
    If you are unable to successfully set a new password using the methods provided, you will have to contact PlayStation support. Before doing so, please have your:
    • Online ID
    • Sign-in ID (email address)
    • Console serial number

• SCEA's phone number is 1-800-345-7669. The call is free.
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 17, 2011

I've tried everything,but i CAN NOT enter my email address i used to create the account

Message 8 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

May 17, 2011

During your sign-in, if it said an e-mail was sent to you so you can change the password, you will need to access your e-mails and follow the steps to change your password. Without changing your password (which is a must!) you cannot sign-in yet.

Message 9 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 17, 2011

i understand that but it is a verizon email and now i have comcast i cant get to my emails

Message 10 of 17 (28,076 Views)
0 Likes