Jan 10 2014
By: Esseph First Son 1 posts

I accidentally scratched part of the code off a PSN Prepaid Card

1 replies 6429 views Edited Jan 10, 2014

Hello Sony! Please help!

I recently traded my games at a store for store credit as well as a PSN Card. When I got home, ready to redeem my card, I could not find a coin to rub the scratch-here part off and I had decided to use a little pin that was nearby.

It was not a great idea and part of the code to redeem my $20 card had been scratched off. Half of it being illegible and unusable.

I have litterally spent several hours trying several combinations that could be the missing letters/numbers that have been scratched off and it has been extremely nightmareish with no success. 

Sony, please help me! I traded many of my games so I could enjoy digital content. I'm not able to afford another card..

I can provide pictures via private message with the front and back of the card as well as the reciept if needed!

Message 1 of 2 (6,429 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41732 posts

Re: I accidentally scratched part of the code off a PSN Prepaid Card

Jan 10, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Esseph wrote:

Hello Sony! Please help!

I recently traded my games at a store for store credit as well as a PSN Card. When I got home, ready to redeem my card, I could not find a coin to rub the scratch-here part off and I had decided to use a little pin that was nearby.

It was not a great idea and part of the code to redeem my $20 card had been scratched off. Half of it being illegible and unusable.

I have litterally spent several hours trying several combinations that could be the missing letters/numbers that have been scratched off and it has been extremely nightmareish with no success. 

Sony, please help me! I traded many of my games so I could enjoy digital content. I'm not able to afford another card..

I can provide pictures via private message with the front and back of the card as well as the reciept if needed!

If you have spent sevral hours trying this there's a chance that the code has been locked out of the system anyway now because it thinks you're trying random numbers/letters to try to 'cheat' it.

I would suggest contacting Sony customer support, reading to them the parts of the card you can as well as any other information on it & seeing if they can assist you.

Here's their number.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
Average Wait Time: Up to 15 Minutes

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 2 (6,414 Views)