Mar 17 2013
By: Barracuda-32 First Son 4 posts

How to report cheaters

4 replies 151 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

Playing online shooter games such as MW2 have become a disappoinment due to the large number of hackers/cheaters either wallhacking or spamming. I knwo this is an older game but the Sony's failure to address this situation heavily influences my buying decisions going forward. I have yet to purchase any newer titles and am leaning heavily on going to x-box where reporting hackers seems to work.

How do you report cheating gamertags on the new complaint line? all I can find are ways to leave feedback comments and that will not accdept gamertags due to the comment box not allowing special characters.

What can be done about the cheaters?

Message 1 of 5 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Re: How to report cheaters

Mar 17, 2013

You really expect them to do something about a 3 year old game?

Besides, that's Activision's/Infinity Ward's fault.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31765 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Barracuda-32 wrote:

Playing online shooter games such as MW2 have become a disappoinment due to the large number of hackers/cheaters either wallhacking or spamming. I knwo this is an older game but the Sony's failure to address this situation heavily influences my buying decisions going forward. I have yet to purchase any newer titles and am leaning heavily on going to x-box where reporting hackers seems to work.

How do you report cheating gamertags on the new complaint line? all I can find are ways to leave feedback comments and that will not accdept gamertags due to the comment box not allowing special characters.

What can be done about the cheaters?

If the game supports it then you should utilize the in-game reporting feature, if it does not then you can report a PSN ID using the link below.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 5 (140 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 18, 2013

blame it on activision. yeah..that's the other problem. everyone wants to pass blame and spend time wasting it by pointing fingers. that's no different than watching a county policeman say," I'm not gonna arrest that criminal because it happened in city limits and that's a job for the city police."

PSN has the ability. Afterall, they have the subject matter in their terms of agreement.

Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Yeah, but they can't go and see whether or not someone is cheating in-game (They cannot monitor in-game activity), so there's no way to prove cheating.

And like I said, this is mainly Activision's fault. Look at all the other online games. You don't see people hacking on 1-2 year old games of other genres. Just COD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes