Highlighted
Feb 19 2013
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 381 posts

How to rectify a PSN game? (6 kudos)

[ Edited ]
17 replies 710 views Edited Feb 20, 2013

How do I request for the rectification for an innately faulty PS3 full game, Sly 2: Band of Thieves published by Sony Computer Entertainment, from the Playstation Store? This is not a bold statement of conjecture. Two of my friends have had the exact same issues, and a few others I met online have as well. I've sent similar messages to the general inquiries playstation customer support email, but I have no idea how else to appeal this to Sony. I would never have prompted this thread if I wasn't demonstrably correct about this product. So is there anyway you can relay this message to a more specific entity? I'm not seeking a refund, I'm merely advocating a justifiable cause.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 18 (710 Views)
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Re: How to rectify a PSN game?

Feb 19, 2013

If there is an issue with the game, you could first identify the problem and post about it in this or any other thread to see whether someone has a solution on the boards. Otherwise, if no one can come up with the answer then I believe Sony is your best source of information for how to go about fixing the game.

Message 2 of 18 (699 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Feb 19, 2013

This is what the third, fourth identical post you've made now, how many more are you going to make?

Your questions have been answered, contact Sony, stop spamming the Forums.

Reported for spam.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 18 (694 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Feb 19, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

If there is an issue with the game, you could first identify the problem and post about it in this or any other thread to see whether someone has a solution on the boards. Otherwise, if no one can come up with the answer then I believe Sony is your best source of information for how to go about fixing the game.

Well, I've contacted Sony Customer Support and followed every last specific instruction they've given me the past couple months and nothing has worked. Initially I thought the problem(s) derived from my system, until I found out that literally everyone I encounter who has purchased this game has had an identical experience.

A very irritating and loud constant static glitch that will not cease until the game is completely restarted from the XMB menu and this happens about every 45 minutes that forces players to restart the game, sporadically occurring glitches in which mission objectives that can't be completed, and by far the most common one is an audio glitch that couldn't be more consistent/constant is when a character initiates thier dialogue sequence it starts out muted and steadily less muffled dialogue for the first few seconds until it reaches the volume it was initially supposed to be. I coped with these issues and still finished the game, even though I was forced to restart numerous times. The PSN version of the game isn't un-progressable, but it's inexcusably flawed.

Message 4 of 18 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Feb 19, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

This is what the third, fourth identical post you've made now, how many more are you going to make?

Reported for spam.

BRIT-KO

I've done that, and so have two others I know of. What else am I supposed to do? Is "bumping" my prior threads considered spam too? I'll adamantly continue to do this until something happens.

Message 5 of 18 (688 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Feb 19, 2013

ZANIACK wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Reported for spam.

BRIT-KO

I've done that, and so have two others I know of. What else am I supposed to do? Is "bumping" my prior threads considered spam too? I'll adamantly continue to do this until something happens.

Bumping Threads is against Forum rules, yes.

If you continue to keepm posting duplicate Threads & bumping your own Threads the only thing you'll accomplish will be getting yourself a warning from the moderators.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 18 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I'm not sure what this audio glitch is or how to fix it, but have you tried inserting a disc of the same game in your system? Maybe the disc version would prove useful in steamrolling over any inadequacies that the downloadable version has?

Message 7 of 18 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Feb 19, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Reported for spam.

BRIT-KO

If you continue to keepm posting duplicate Threads & bumping your own Threads the only thing you'll accomplish will be getting yourself a warning from the moderators.

BRIT-KO

I started posting about this in late December, and before that I misguidedly tried to restore my PS3 so it would play this game, I bought for a measly 10 bucks, correctly since August. Forgive me if I'm a bit jaded and "unruly" and this point.

Message 8 of 18 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Feb 19, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I'm not sure what this audio glitch is or how to fix it, but have you tried inserting a disc of the same game in your system? Maybe the disc version would prove useful in steamrolling over any inadequacies that the downloadable version has?

I couldn't find a retail copy at local stores, but I borrowed my friend's cousin's copy of the Sly Collection disc and Sly 2 performed seamlessly in that variant. Unfortunately, he wouldn't sell it to me Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 18 (676 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Feb 19, 2013

ZANIACK wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Reported for spam.

BRIT-KO

BRIT-KO

I started posting about this in late December, and before that I misguidedly tried to restore my PS3 so it would play this game, I bought for a measly 10 bucks, correctly since August. Forgive me if I'm a bit jaded and "unruly" and this point.

I completely understand your feeling jaded & annoyed etc, I really do hope you get this issue sorted, for all our sakes lol, I'm just not sure multiple Threads is the right way to go that's all.

Seriously I wish you luck.

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 18 (636 Views)