Highlighted
Jan 16 2012
By: rabbit2580 First Son 4 posts

How to get PSN credit back

6 replies 81 views Edited Jan 16, 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this PSN buying thing and I found myself surprised when on my PS3 I bought something I couldn't use from the PSN.

Well I bought from the PSN: The King of Fighters Collection for 19.99 USD hoping that I will be able to play on my PS3. Read the description and everything worked well. When the game downloaded and I tried to install it it asked me about a PSP - which I obviously don't have and neither intend to buy one.

How could someone download something from a PS3 and in the description it doesn't say it's for other OS.

Is there a way to report this misunderstanding and get my credit back.. otherwise it's spent in vain.. but at least I wish I could have donated it, not having it STOLEN !

Many thanks

Message 1 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: How to get PSN credit back

Jan 16, 2012

You can contact customer service at 1-800-345-SONY or using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page but the generally don't offer refunds.

Message 2 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Jan 16, 2012

rabbit2580 wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this PSN buying thing and I found myself surprised when on my PS3 I bought something I couldn't use from the PSN.

Well I bought from the PSN: The King of Fighters Collection for 19.99 USD hoping that I will be able to play on my PS3. Read the description and everything worked well. When the game downloaded and I tried to install it it asked me about a PSP - which I obviously don't have and neither intend to buy one.

How could someone download something from a PS3 and in the description it doesn't say it's for other OS.

Is there a way to report this misunderstanding and get my credit back.. otherwise it's spent in vain.. but at least I wish I could have donated it, not having it STOLEN !

Many thanks

Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You downloaded the PSP version of the game & not the PS3 version, just so you know some games work on either the PSP, the PS3 or sometimes both, you say you read the description etc, but you failed to notice that you were reading the details for the wrong version, you need to be more careful in future when making your purchases.

As ne1 has already said refunds are unusual, & generally all sales from the PSN Store are final, as stated in the T & C's.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 17, 2012

thank you very much for details.

Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Jan 17, 2012

rabbit2580 wrote:

thank you very much for details.

You're very welcome, sorry not to have had more positive news for you, you could try contacting Sony CS to see if they'll help at all, but I think it's unlikely.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Hello again. I contacted Playstation Consumer Services and they told me that they will submit a refund request for me. They seemed to understand that it was a confusing purchase and that I should have received a notification of the working OS.

Thats the news untill now. I will let you know how it ends.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 19, 2012

My wallet has been refunded with 19.99USD. The resolution was positive even if they told me that every refund is treated apart because of their policy.

Well I'm glad that I got my money back and for the future I'll pay more attention on spending it.

Thanks everybody and happy gaming

Message 7 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes