Highlighted
Oct 15 2011
By: G-LOVE80 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

How to connect to "innflux" internet service (in hotel)

4 replies 24980 views Edited Oct 15, 2011

Hi everyone.  I am currently staying in an extended stay hotel, and their internet service is called innflux.  This is the type of service where you have to put in a code and your room number in order to gain access.  I have been trying to get connected to PSN (wired connection), but have been largely unsuccessful.  I have  opened the browser before to try and enter the code that way.  It has worked twice, but never again, saying that there is an error.

Are there any other things I can try?

Message 1 of 5 (24,980 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41884 posts

Re: How to connect to "innflux" internet service (in hotel)

Oct 15, 2011

G-LOVE80 wrote:

Hi everyone.  I am currently staying in an extended stay hotel, and their internet service is called innflux.  This is the type of service where you have to put in a code and your room number in order to gain access.  I have been trying to get connected to PSN (wired connection), but have been largely unsuccessful.  I have  opened the browser before to try and enter the code that way.  It has worked twice, but never again, saying that there is an error.

Are there any other things I can try?

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You don't say, but I would first approach a member of the hotel's staff, preferably someone with knowledge of their internet service & ask them for assistance.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 5 (24,980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your post.  I've stayed at many hotels that have InnFlux (http://www.innflux.com) as their HSIA (High Speed Internet Access)  ... I thought they were an ISP at first too, but after I called their very helpful call center (877-665-1288), I was informed that they just dispurse the ISP circuit throughout the property and handle the actual network managment and authentication ... good to know, LOL.

Anyways, their tech support told me to go to the following URL (http://devices.innflux.com) from my laptop or a business center computer that is on the hotels network, and from there I could self register my PS3 to get online ... Apparently because the browser on a PS3 is not a "true" browser like Fire Fox etc, pulling up the web page to actually login in is either hit or miss depending on if your system has the latest updates etc.  So they developed this site to make it as easy as possible to get around the PS3's browser issues.

The tech I spoke to, his name escapes me ATM, was really helpfull and told me that they have contacted Sony on multiple occasions to see if Sony could do anything to inhance their browser so it would allow people to just login at a hotel without having to go through this self help site.  I guess Sony flat out said that they would not support it or look at developing a more robust browser because using a PS3 outside of your home is not what it was built for and that they only support in home use where you have a wideopen connection to the internet (no authentication page to get access ... like most hotels have). 

So yeah, that kind of sucks that Sony is taking this stance ... but I'm glad InnFlux is doing their best to give us a work around  

I hope this helps, it did for me.

Message 3 of 5 (24,980 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Nov 14, 2011

cdrinkall wrote:

The tech I spoke to, his name escapes me ATM, was really helpfull and told me that they have contacted Sony on multiple occasions to see if Sony could do anything to inhance their browser so it would allow people to just login at a hotel without having to go through this self help site.

ROFL!!!!

Message 4 of 5 (24,980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 3, 2015

Call influx and give them the Mac address it will get you internet on your ps3or 4 OK.

Message 5 of 5 (17,137 Views)
0 Likes