Highlighted
Nov 26 2013
By: Jrbraham First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

How to change email on account you cant log into...

[ Edited ]
5 replies 6163 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

Hi, due to the recent password reset i can't log into my psn account, the email that's associated with it 9 years old and i cant access that either. normally I wouldn't care but I have ps+ and a few games bought on that account. Is there anyway i can get my stuff switched to my new psn or change the email on the old? Should I call customer support? I don't see anywhere where you can email them and chat support is down.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (6,163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13583 posts

Re: How to change email on account you cant log into...

Nov 26, 2013

You can't email customer support for North America, only call or chat.  

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 6 (6,135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Yeah this is f***ing ridiculous. Ive been waiting for customer support for 8 hours, Im beginning to think Sony is run by a bunch of monkeys. I didnt even do anything wrong and they changed my password. I cant change it on my own because I made the account when I was under 18 and dont remember the date of birth I put. Honestly, whats the point of the whole "secret question" thing if they are going to base the GD password on your date of birth.

Message 3 of 6 (6,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 26, 2013

yeah it sucks, I don't want to call and wait if they're not going switch all my stuff over. maybe I can call hotmail and change the email address password, might a less of wait than sonys cs.

Message 4 of 6 (6,046 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Man Sadi don't know my paswosword or email this guy hacked me but my account name name is ucrazy1 whan you guys get it please contact me im only 14 please get it back for me he got my account.

Message 5 of 6 (5,930 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24489 posts

Dec 6, 2013

shotxkilla213 wrote:

Man Sadi don't know my paswosword or email this guy hacked me but my account name name is ucrazy1 whan you guys get it please contact me im only 14 please get it back for me he got my account.

Hello and welcome to the Playstation Forums. We aren't Sony employees but we'll do our best to assist you. Don't just disappear when your issue is solved. Someone may need your help some day or maybe you'd just like to socialize in our Off Topic or Home forums.

Nobody is going to be contacting you. You need to contact Customer Support. You didn't do that by posting here. You can use the link in my signature to contact them. You'll need to prove the account is yours by providing some information.

I provided a fake email address, birthday, and or other identifying information and don't remember it
If you are unable to successfully set a new password using the methods provided, you will have to contact PlayStation support. Before doing so, please have your:

• Online ID
  • Sign-in ID (email address)
  • Console serial number

If you are able to recover the account use this as a life lesson and never give your account information away again for any reason.

Message 6 of 6 (5,854 Views)
0 Likes