May 15 2013
By: HIM1797 First Son 1 posts

How to ask for a refund in psn if you didn't buy the game?

4 replies 176 views Edited May 15, 2013
Recently i added some funds to my psn account and one day i got a message saying that i had purchased a game for 9.99 and i wasn't even using my ps3 so i ran to my computer, changed my password and now i have this game that i don't even want. Is it possible to ask for a refund?
Message 1 of 5 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32309 posts

Re: How to ask for a refund in psn if you didn't buy the game?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

HIM1797 wrote:
Recently i added some funds to my psn account and one day i got a message saying that i had purchased a game for 9.99 and i wasn't even using my ps3 so i ran to my computer, changed my password and now i have this game that i don't even want. Is it possible to ask for a refund?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

All successful purchases generate an email to the email account associated with the PSN ID, did you receive any email, check your spam box too?

Also are you sure the $9.99 was not a recurring charge or monthly fee for something like Music Unlimited or perhaps a subscription you forget or thought you had cancelled?

If you're satisfied that none of the above applies to you & that no one else has access to your account then of course go ahead & contact Sony, here's their telephone number as well as a link to other contact options, there is also a link in my signature if you want to use the live chat feature.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 5 (173 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18214 posts

May 15, 2013

You can ask for a refund for anything.  You have to do so by phone, or live chat, to Playstation customer support during business hours.  Don't expect to get a refund.  The Playstation Store has a no-refunds policy, but exceptions are made in some cases.

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5232 posts

May 16, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

You can ask for a refund for anything.  You have to do so by phone, or live chat, to Playstation customer support during business hours.  Don't expect to get a refund.  The Playstation Store has a no-refunds policy, but exceptions are made in some cases.

Actually, live chat can't process refunds and will follow up with a phone call.  So it's best to just call them right away.  I found out when I had an issue last week and tried live chat.  They called me back in a few minutes after the chat.  I got the refund (to my credit card even! :smileyhappy:).

Message 4 of 5 (131 Views)
Shinra Executive
32309 posts

May 17, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

gkpama00 wrote:

Actually, live chat can't process refunds and will follow up with a phone call.  So it's best to just call them right away.  I found out when I had an issue last week and tried live chat.  They called me back in a few minutes after the chat.  I got the refund (to my credit card even! :smileyhappy:).

Good to know JERM!

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)
0 Likes