Apr 18 2013
By: cory_foster First Son 3 posts

How to Switch my playstation network ID's

3 replies 146 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

Hi there,

I have had a playstation3 almost since its release and signed into playstation network with an email I was using at the time email123@lookout.ie

I have since purchased a sony bravia and blu-ray player etc that I have used my new email address email123@netspace.net.au to activate all the products online for the Sony Entertainment Network, that way the TV and Blu-Ray all access the same funds in that account.

I tried going into ACCOUNT INFORMATION on the PS3 and SIGN IN ID to change it to my new email but it would not allow me to choose that email (because I assume it detects someone is using it....me!)

How can I marry up my PS3 to my other accounts?

Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Re: How to Switch my playstation network ID's

Apr 18, 2013

Only one PSN/SEN account can use a specific e-mail address at the same time.  If your connected TV is using a different e-mail address, then that means that it is using a different SEN account.  The PS3 can have multiple PSN/SEN accounts on it at a time, so just create a new PS3 user profile (XMB>Users>Create New User), and Sign up for Playstation Network under the new user login with the same e-mail address and password that you used on your TV.  Then your PS3 will have both accounts on it, and can use content purchased by both accounts. You could have used the same SEN account on the TV and Blu-ray player that you used on the PS3 for the past several years, but if you already purchased content with the new account, then it is too late to do that now.  There is no way to combine the purchases from two accounts on the TV or Blu-ray player.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Thanks for your help I am now able to solely use the @netspace.net.au email.

Appreciate your quick reply!

Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Apr 18, 2013

will my game save data carry accross to the new user i created on the playstation or will that only be on the old login?

Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes