Highlighted
Jul 11 2011
By: Speedy24xmax Treasure Hunter 8267 posts

How to Block Mail... on XMB from everyone (Childs account)???

7 replies 122 views Edited Jul 11, 2011

Here is my Situation... I got my lil nephew his on PS3 but now when he plays MW2 and whoops everyones A$$ ppl get mad and sends him mail cursing him out and everything...

That said I am really hoping there is a way to Block ALL MAIL from being received if that is even possible...

Please help me Im in a bind here...

Message 1 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: How to Block Mail... on XMB from everyone (Childs account)

Jul 11, 2011

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Here is my Situation... I got my lil nephew his on PS3 but now when he plays MW2 ppl get mad and sends him mail cursing him out and everything...

That said I am really hoping there is a way to Block ALL MAIL from being received if that is even possible...

Please help me Im in a bind here...

I'm not sure if there's a way to block messaging on the PS3.  I dont know what the parent controls do, but in order for people to send friend requets, it uses the messaging, so I would think the only way to block is to block specific names, not blanket all messages.

Why do people get mad at him? Who is he playing with?  What kinda player is he?

I have a young cousin who is great at FPS games, and when he plays he doesn't get hate mail, he gets friend requests.

Message 2 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 11, 2011

He doesn't have a mic on when he plays does he? People get really annoyed when little kids are yelling in the mic. When I play COD:BO I don't get any type of email no matter how good/bad I'm doing. They are not targeting him because of his age because that is undisclosed information that is nearly impossible to give out on the PS3 unless you put it somewhere like your bio or bluntly going around telling people yourself.

Plus you can always delete the messages and not read them. I get a TON of unwanted game invites from people I don't know. I delete about 20 messages at a time from time to time.

Message 3 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 11, 2011

blueangel06661 wrote:

He doesn't have a mic on when he plays does he? People get really annoyed when little kids are yelling in the mic. When I play COD:BO I don't get any type of email no matter how good/bad I'm doing. They are not targeting him because of his age because that is undisclosed information that is nearly impossible to give out on the PS3 unless you put it somewhere like your bio or bluntly going around telling people yourself.

Plus you can always delete the messages and not read them. I get a TON of unwanted game invites from people I don't know. I delete about 20 messages at a time from time to time.

No he doesnt have a Mic.... so he cant annoy anyone with his annoying voice lol.

No he doesnt have his age listed anywhere....

He always runs into my room and goes... "Uncle Suniel come look at what this guy wrote me"

I look and its something that is utterly disgusting.

Message 4 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 11, 2011

Speedy24xmax wrote:

blueangel06661 wrote:

No he doesnt have a Mic.... so he cant annoy anyone with his annoying voice lol.

No he doesnt have his age listed anywhere....

He always runs into my room and goes... "Uncle Suniel come look at what this guy wrote me"

I look and its something that is utterly disgusting.

Photobucket  Photobucket   Photobucket

My Games: Saints Row 2 , Grand Theft Auto 4 , Modern Warfare 2 , Little Big Planet , Street Fighter 4 , Sonic's Greatest Genesis Collection , Monopoly , Metal Gear Solid 4 , Iron Man , Grand Turismo 5 Prologue , Grand Turismo 5 , Need For Speed Shift , Need For Speed Pro Street , Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe , Motor Storm Pacific Rift , Facebreaker , Far Cry 2 , Warhawk , Pure , Wipeout HD

Sigh... extremely tough situation. I would say the best advice for you and him is to have him NOT open any mail at all.  Let you open it when you can, and get rid of all the explicit content.

Message 5 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 11, 2011

I hear you... Thanks I think at this point I have no other choice I told him DO NOT OPEN ANY MAIL.

But the pop ups is what he sees and comes a running lol.

If you dont mind can I add you for him to play with? or perhaps you lil cuz?

Lemme know I just need him to play with "Friendly ppl" instead of all the haterz.

I marked your response as the answer cuz I dont think there is a answer other than what you said... Thanks for your contribution

Message 6 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: How to Block Mail... on XMB from everyone (Childs account)???

Jul 11, 2011

Speedy24xmax wrote:

I hear you... Thanks I think at this point I have no other choice I told him DO NOT OPEN ANY MAIL.

But the pop ups is what he sees and comes a running lol.

If you dont mind can I add you for him to play with? or perhaps you lil cuz?

Lemme know I just need him to play with "Friendly ppl" instead of all the haterz.

I marked your response as the answer cuz I dont think there is a answer other than what you said... Thanks for your contribution

Photobucket  Photobucket   Photobucket

My Games: Saints Row 2 , Grand Theft Auto 4 , Modern Warfare 2 , Little Big Planet , Street Fighter 4 , Sonic's Greatest Genesis Collection , Monopoly , Metal Gear Solid 4 , Iron Man , Grand Turismo 5 Prologue , Grand Turismo 5 , Need For Speed Shift , Need For Speed Pro Street , Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe , Motor Storm Pacific Rift , Facebreaker , Far Cry 2 , Warhawk , Pure , Wipeout HD

I'll ask my cousin if its okay with him that I PM you his PSN ID.

Message 7 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: How to Block Mail... on XMB from everyone (Childs account)???

Jul 11, 2011

Thanks Solar let me know when you can... I think at this point the best way for him to enjoy the game is for him to play with kids his age... Or at least adults who would tone it down...

I mean there are TONS of kids who play MW2... you nailed it on the head I must say it doesnt matter on the game it matters on the maturity of the player... Perfect I couldnt word that any better....

EDITED... LOL

Message 8 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes