We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; "Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game."
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; "The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)"
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
Sony will fix for you a day mean 24hr. Resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have one of the above listed models, Sony advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
See, Sony will back to you no time. There nothing wrong with your PS3 system and PS3 not fault. That Sony's doing.
it's alway happen to me. Everything is fine
Please keep an eye on this thread
so u mean if i play on my ps3 say like Call Of Duty World at War (i kno old) and i will lose some of my data? bs
no, only if you want to restore ps3 in your ps3 system but risk your data will lose if you click it "restore ps3"
I got sony's info
"in order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward."
"We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience,"
"We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share."
The outage could not come at a worse time for Sony, considering high-profile titles such as Valve Software's
Portal 2, Warner Bros. brawler Mortal Kombat and tactical shooter and PlayStation 3 exclusive SOCOM 4 all hit stores earlier this week.
I will keep post this when coming info from sony
Sound like hackers attack it cause sony turn it off and fix it