Jul 19 2013
By: DyingAlbatross First Son 2 posts

How do i report a user who is impersonating someone else??

3 replies 485 views Edited Jul 19, 2013

My girlfriend is a CoD streamer on twitch ( www.twitch.tv/laced_up_lauren ). She plays CoD exclusively on xbox yet we found out someone is impersonating her on PSN with the username LacedUpLauren. She is buying ps4 and would also like this name to be hers so she can switch systems without confusing followers.... but the bigger concern is really getting rid of the imposter.

Can anyone provide a link that may help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Re: How do i report a user who is impersonating someone else??

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

DyingAlbatross wrote:

My girlfriend is a CoD streamer on twitch ( www.twitch.tv/laced_up_lauren ). She plays CoD exclusively on xbox yet we found out someone is impersonating her on PSN with the username LacedUpLauren. She is buying ps4 and would also like this name to be hers so she can switch systems without confusing followers.... but the bigger concern is really getting rid of the imposter.

Can anyone provide a link that may help?

Thanks

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

Is the PSN ID LacedUpLauren holder streaming videos of herself and claiming to be the holder of the  Live ID LacedUpLauren ? If not, then there is no impersonation. PSN account are free and anybody can claim any available IDs/screen-names. Think of web domains or emails; first come first served.

I know plenty of people who wanted my PSN ID but I got to it first. There are a couple who claim to be the holder of PSN ID Xuchilbara but at the end of the day it is I who holds and keeps this SEN account.

You could get in contact with the person who holds the PSN ID LacedUpLauren but other than being a face to face transaction, I do not recommend it. You can always try to come up with PSN ID as close as possible to the one you want.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (479 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 19, 2013

It goes beyond just the name, they are claiming to be her to other people online... this is a huge problem when she has a 22k follower base...

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/LacedUpLauren

on here they registered with that psn account, and are going so far as to pull my girlfriends pictures to further impersonate them. That account on mlg's site has already been reported as well....

I understnad that it is first come first server.... Just isnt right that they are actually claiming to be her and any actions they take over PSN is a reflection upon her, and outside of her control.

This seems like it would be against TOS

Message 3 of 4 (473 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30025 posts

Jul 19, 2013

No.  Actually, what is against the terms-of-service is to reveal your real-world identity on PSN.  The activity that you describe is taking place on a third-party site, so Sony doesn't have to take any action related to this, and almost certainly will not.  As you already know, the fact that your girlfriend has a specific gamertag on XBox Live does not give her any claim to the matching online id on PSN.  It is her problem to inform her public that the online id on PSN is not hers.  What happens on majorleaguegaming.com is not Sony's concern, and more than what happens on XBox Live is Sony's concern.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (460 Views)
0 Likes