Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 12 2011
By: TheMadcapLaugh First Son 9 posts

How do i move to a new PSN account but retain my purchases?

1 replies 1235 views Edited Oct 12, 2011

Hello all,

When i bought my PS3 and set it up i was 17 my dad insisted on being the master account because he didn't want me racking up purchases on his credit card. Fair enough, i suppose. However now i am 19 and in College and not being able to change my account from a sub account to a master account is quite frustrating. My dad gave me the password to his account since i took my PlayStation to college with me, so i was still able to buy things like the X-Men Arcade game and DLC for L.A. Noire. However, now i want to simply end the frustrations of having to use two accounts to everything. I know i'll lose all my trophies if i delete my account but i've made my peace with that. What i do mind losing is all my downloadable games and DLC. Is there a way i can delete my PSN account and create a new one and retain all of my downloads? Thanks for any and all assistance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: How do i move to a new PSN account but retain my purchases?

Oct 13, 2011

No, purchases are locked to the account that made them. Simply keep the current PSN ID with all the purchases on your PS3, and continue your gaming and future purchases with a new local User Profile and new online PSN ID. That way, you can continue to use the stuff you bought earlier.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes