Nov 04 2011
By: lewimufc First Son 13 posts

How do i change my NAT Type?

11 replies 12045 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

This is my first post on here i have signed up just to post that i am having problems in fifa 12 ultimate team, after every match i play it signs out of EA servers, i have looked into this its been happening for 2 month now, ive got no custom tactics, and people have been saying its due to my NAT type, ATM i have Nat type 2 and Moderate firewall status, now i want to change it to open to see if that would solve the problem, i currently have a Netgear virgin media router if thats any help?

Just to let you know my internet connection tests looks like this
Succeeded

Succeeded
Succeeded
UPnP Not available
NAT Type - Type 2,

people have been saying that its because of UpnP and it needs to be enabled? when i click settings and connection status list it says enabled and i dont know how to change it i am BAFFLED and ****** OFF, please someone help me!

Message 1 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: How do i change my NAT Type?

Nov 4, 2011

Are you using wired or wireless?

There's a sticker underneath your router with the model and version number. Visit Netgear's website and see if there is a software (firmware) update for your router. You also want to turn UPnP on in the router settings. There might be a user manual on Netgear's website too.

If you get totally stuck, try calling your internet service provider.

Message 2 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 4, 2011

don't call your ISP i tried with Comcast they gave me a Ehow.com link SMH! but go to your router website which should be like 192.0.0.1 something like that and find where it said DMZ on there then turn it on if it isn't and go to your Ps3 and find your Ps3 IP Address and type the last digit of it in the DMZ area and click saved and it should work and make your NAT Type: Open

Message 3 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 4, 2011

INick, you need to give the PS3 a static IP address that isn't used by the router or the pool of addresses it automatically gives out in order to use DMZ. Otherwise, you will have problems if the PS3 is given another IP address by the router or if the PS3's IP overlaps with another device.

Message 4 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 6, 2011

how do i change my uPnP, i played on my mates earlier and it worked his NAT type was 3 and restrictive firewall put his uPnP was available i think thats the problem.. i just dont know how to change it

Message 5 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Nov 12, 2011

NAT TYPE 1 = direct connection to your MODEM

NAT TYPE 2 = Connection to a router

NAT TYPE 3 + Connection to a router WITH a FIRE WALL active

If you are using a router then NAT TYPE 2 is PREFERED and "should not" interfere with gaming so just leave it alone your ok.

Message 6 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Nov 12, 2011

MOST routers have a web based option menu you can access by opening your web browser and in the address line enter your PC's IP address (normally 192.168.2.1 is default) this IP address can be found in your network settings property's.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THE OWNERS MANUAL OF YOUR ROUTER BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE ANY THING!

You "should find an option to turn on UpNp then save the settings and exit the web browser options menu.

Message 7 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 12, 2011

UPnP might not help with NAT Type 3. But maybe it's not the root problem if his friend can play FIFA just fine with NAT Type 3.

I suspect lewimufc might just have a weak wireless or internet connection since he drops out of EA servers. What's the model number of that router from the sticker underneath the unit? Maybe there's a software update for it. Also, try a wired connection if possible.

Message 8 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 14, 2011

I havent got a weak wireless or internet connection i'ts a 30MEG fibreobtic broadband.. connecting it straight to the modem does not help it still is type 2 so not sure where this is coming from? strange...

Message 9 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 15, 2011

Do other PlayStation Network (not EA) games play fine?

Who is your internet service provider? Maybe someone else was in the same boat you were and might have found a solution.

Message 10 of 12 (12,045 Views)
0 Likes