First Son
13 posts

Re: How do i change my NAT Type?

Nov 16, 2011

Yep, i play cod and fifa and cod works perfectly but fifa works for online games and against friends, but will not let me play ultimate team. My ISP is virgin media?

and also.................

when we changed the wires round and disabled the firewall and stuff on the routers settings it actually went to type 1 but then all laptops in the house would not connect and when i went back on fifa my pro had disapeared but he is still in the squad i had him in it just says i havent got a pro?... So now im back with Type 2 no UT and no pro? just need the ps3 to be NAT Type 1 and for the other devices in the house to connect but we just dont know what to do???

FML.

Message 11 of 12 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
682 posts

Re: How do i change my NAT Type?

Nov 16, 2011

The problem as far as I can tell from the thread, is that ports the EA game is trying to use are being blocked by the firewall on your router. Since you are not getting a UPnP handshake from the router to your PS3, the PS3 is not able to auto-configure the firewall for the game you are playing. You need to get the firewall configured correctly for the game to work correctly.

NAT type is a distraction. NAT type 2 is fine.

You need to get someone who can administer your router. Find someone at your house who is technology clueful and get them to check that UPnP is enabled on the router and/or that it is a feature on your particular router.

if you can provide the router model number (everything off the sticker on the bottom) people on the forum can be more effective in telling you what you need to do with the router.

To see the router interface, get on a PC on your network. Type <windows>-R, then "cmd" and <return>. That will open a DOS-style command interface on the PC. Type  "ipconfig /all". That will give the network configuration. You will see a network interface (usually eth0) that will have network information (usually a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet). One of the pieces of information in there will be "default route", perhaps as one word. If you take that number (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254) and type it into a web browser, it should bring up the web administration interface for the router. From there you need the administrative user name and password to configure the router.

Fixing your problem is going to require you learning some, no one can hand you an easy answer remotely.

Message 12 of 12 (386 Views)
0 Likes