Oct 17 2011
By: Krauser975 First Son 4 posts

How can I deactivate my PSN account off of my old system?

3 replies 1257 views Edited Oct 17, 2011

This isn't as simple as the question puts it. By "old system" I mean old and broken system that I sent into Sony that got replaced by a 120GB Playstation 3 system. From gradually going to my friends houses I have succesfully got my account onto 5 other systems other than my own. On MY system I can download and purchase stuff from the Play Station Store. But for some reason now, when I had deactivated my account of one of my friend's system. It won't let him reactivate it. Please help. I need to get my account off of that old system.

Message 1 of 4 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28800 posts

Re: How can I deactivate my PSN account off of my old system?

Oct 18, 2011

The only way to do that is to call Sony on the phone 800-345-SONY, and give them the serial number of the old PS3.  If you sent it in for replacement, Sony will have a record of that, and they will deactivate the PS3 from your PSN account for you. If you don't know the serial number, then the only other thing you can do is ask Sony to reset all of the PS3 activations on the account. Sony's policy is to do this only one time, ever, for each PSN account; so it should be a last resort.  By the way, you do know that you are not allowed to share Playstation Store purchases with your friends at all, right?  If you do download something to your friend's PS3 while you are visiting, you should deactivate the PS3 from your account before you leave.  Otherwise you are in violation of the license terms. The whole point of the 5 PS3 activation limit is to prevent people from sharing Playstation Store purchases with their friends.  You should be clear on that before you call anyone at Sony.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (1,257 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2013

deactivate old ps3 account shawn3875

Message 3 of 4 (471 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jul 17, 2013

shawnwh wrote:

deactivate old ps3 account shawn3875

You need to deactivate it yourself. Nobody here can do it for you.

Message 4 of 4 (456 Views)
0 Likes