Jul 24 2013
By: CinnamonAnenome First Son 2 posts

Hotel login issues

5 replies 491 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

Hi all, quick question for you.

I am currently staying in a hotel for the next several weeks. This hotel is one of the ones that utilizes browser re-directs to fully login to their wireless network. 

So I have my PS3 with me, on sunday I connected to their network, opened the browser and put in the login information, and proceeded to play online in peace. The last two days though, upon putting the passcode into the browser, I get error 8071053d, and the page simply states that it cannot be displayed. My login still works on my laptop and smartphone, for reference.

Any ideas? I appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 6 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: Hotel login issues

Jul 24, 2013

not sure on a side not most hotels should also have a lan connection available too

Message 2 of 6 (483 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18895 posts

Jul 25, 2013

CinnamonAnenome wrote:

Hi all, quick question for you.

I am currently staying in a hotel for the next several weeks. This hotel is one of the ones that utilizes browser re-directs to fully login to their wireless network

So I have my PS3 with me, on sunday I connected to their network, opened the browser and put in the login information, and proceeded to play online in peace. The last two days though, upon putting the passcode into the browser, I get error 8071053d, and the page simply states that it cannot be displayed. My login still works on my laptop and smartphone, for reference.

Any ideas? I appreciate any help.

These type of network connection don't play well with the PS3 but at least you managed to connect and gain internet access.

The error code 8071053D refer to issue connection to the PSN. It can be that the PSN server relay closer to you is currently having issues and/or that some of its services maybe be down or inaccessible.

With that said, keep in mind that not all port necessary for the proper functioning of the PSN will be available for the PS3 thus degrading or making unavailable some of the PSN's services. Only the hotel's SysAdmin has power over these network settings.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 6 (479 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Hmm, ok. I'm more inclined to believe that its not the ports that you suggested, simply because I've gotten online connection to work perfectly well before this. Do you know of any way I could go about finding out if there is a fix for the PSN server I connect to?

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 6 (474 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18895 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

CinnamonAnenome wrote:

Hmm, ok. I'm more inclined to believe that its not the ports that you suggested, simply because I've gotten online connection to work perfectly well before this. Do you know of any way I could go about finding out if there is a fix for the PSN server I connect to?

Thanks for your help.

Glad to be of help Smiley Happy

These ports that I'm talking about do not prevent you from connecting to the internet. These are ports used by the PSN servers to provide their services. e.g. voice chat, online play. Either way, given your current network environment, you have no control over their availability.

If the issue is indeed the PSN servers then there is nothing you can do other than waiting it out.

With that said, you can:

-Check the status of the PSN Network. I believe this PSN status link only reports the general availability of the PSN instead of that of the nearest servers to you, based on IP.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

-Troubleshoot the network connection

Follow this link which talk about the error code you received and well as troubleshooting your network.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4000/kw/8071053D

-Can always call SONY consumer support about the issue but the most they can do is troubleshoot your network setup and/or file a report.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 6 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Jul 26, 2013

No. You have to scan for wireless networks then select the hotel access. You may have to ask for password from them or try the password that they gave you. Just let them know your trying to play games on the playstation.

The browser login only gives you permission to use there connection to browse the internet.

Message 6 of 6 (452 Views)
0 Likes