Apr 20 2013
By: Lil_Tiger13 First Son 1 posts

Help :/

3 replies 142 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

My husband's brother tried signing on to his account to play Black Ops and it told him his sign-in/password was wrong. So he went to try & reset the password and entered his birthday and said it wasn't able to validate it. Mine & my husband's accounts have been deleted from his friends list but we just saw it signed on about a half hour ago. Is there any other way to recover his account at all? Or if it was hacked and they changed the info there's no way of getting it back?

Hope it wasn't too much rambling! Trying to help him since he doesn't have a computer to sign on to ask for help.

Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Re: Help :/

Apr 20, 2013
You might want to try contacting Sony. They'll be able to see the user activity and if it seems strange you can tell them that it's been hacked and that they should proceed in banning the users MAC address.
Sony's contact info should be at the bottom of the page.
Good luck.
Message 2 of 4 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39992 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Lil_Tiger13 wrote:

My husband's brother tried signing on to his account to play Black Ops and it told him his sign-in/password was wrong. So he went to try & reset the password and entered his birthday and said it wasn't able to validate it. Mine & my husband's accounts have been deleted from his friends list but we just saw it signed on about a half hour ago. Is there any other way to recover his account at all? Or if it was hacked and they changed the info there's no way of getting it back?

Hope it wasn't too much rambling! Trying to help him since he doesn't have a computer to sign on to ask for help.

It is quite hard to 'hack' someones PSN account unless the other person first has the password to it, are you 100% certain that NO ONE gave out any personal information for your account?

If you are then you do indeed need to contact Sony, you will have to prove to them that you are the owner(s) of the account by providing certain information, the serial number of the PS3 & other personally indentifiable in formation.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
29327 posts

Apr 21, 2013

The date-of-birth for a PSN account cannot be changed, but the sign-in e-mail account can be.  If someone that has the sign-in information for the account changes the e-mail address for the account, then no one else can sign-in, or reset the password.  To recover the account your brother-in-law will have to call Playstation customer support at 800-345-SONY (or use live chat).  The account can be identified by the online id.  If he can prove that he created the account, by telling customer support the date-of-birth and security question answer that was registered for it, then Sony will restore his access.  Sony may also ban the console of the person that stole the account, but that its up to Sony.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes