I had the same problem you appear to be having...
Once Infamous was showing as 'EXPIRED' I did the following...
1. Go to "Account Management" under the Playstation Network symbol at the main menu.
2. Go to "Transaction Management"
3. Go to "Services List"
4. Go to "SCEA Promotion"
5. Select Infamous
6. This gave me the option to 'DOWNLOAD'.... or above that, there was the option to 'EXTEND' (or something like that)... I chose 'EXTEND' and it said something about connecting a PSP via the USB for some reason, but I just backed out of this and inFamous was no longer showing as 'EXPIRED' and now worked
Hope this works for you too!
This worked for me.
1.Delete the Infamous game trial (it should still let you choose the full game in the store).
2. Go to "Account Management" under the Playstation Network symbol at the main menu.
3. Go to "Transaction Management"
4. Go to "Services List"
5. Go to "SCEA Promotion"
6. Go to the free game that you originally downloaded the Infamous game (Either Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1 or 2)
7. Then it should say you have 1 remaining at the bottom, if it does hit ok ( or whatever it says at the bottom)
8. It should take you to the 5 PS3 games and it should have the Infamous without the red shopping bag. Click it (it should say full game).
I hope this helps and is informative enough for you guys.
This worked for me also.
Obviously the original mistake was you d/led it from PS+... that service does full game trials. If you had a secondary acount at the time the etwork went down, try geting it from there.
BIGGEST pressing need in Home... add "banish from my screen" to the BLOCK command
I also had issues downloading inFAMOUS.
I followed the instructions I received in Email from Playstation Network, found the Welcome Back section fo the Playstation Store, selected inFAMOUS as my first choice to download and... nothing.
The download failed to start. I went back to the Welcome Back section and my Free Game Download 1 was gone! The Free Game Download 2, the two PSP Game Download and the Playstation Plus promotions were still there however.
I decided to try and download my second choice which was Dead Nation. The download started and completed just fine.
So fast forward to my looking for Playstation Network support and finding this thread... After reading through and finding the above instructions using the SCEA Services option, I was able to at least begin the download of inFAMOUS. It is currently downloading with an estimated 700+ minutes on the download time.
I haven't downloaded much content from the Playstation Store. Are such long download times normal and is there any way to speed them up?
If you have a wireless internet, that might be a reason why it's downloading so slow (I'm using wireless and it sometimes takes forever). I heard that using a wired connection makes the download go alot quicker. Also it helps if you don't go on youtube on the computer or any site that downloads music, games, videos. It could be the one who provides the internet for you too ( whoever you have). I use the Road Runner one and it works really well for me. Other than that I don't have much info for that.