Jun 05 2011
By: ZombiePIkmin First Son 5 posts

Help with inFAMOUS and Welcome Back Program

16 replies 309 views Edited Jun 5, 2011

During the PSN error-fest that was going on, I accidentally downloaded the full game trial of inFAMOUS instead of the real thing. I figured this out the hard way, by randomly seeing "expired". So i go to the PSN store, go to Welcome Back, and see my second game is still there. Okay...I guess I'll just hit inFAMOUS, but all it does is prompt another download...Is there someway where I can get an unlock key or something? or do I need to download all 7gb again.......?

Notes:

-I have no problem accessing the download, so going through account management won't help

-There is no unlock key in my download histroy, only inFAMOUS

Message 1 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Help with inFAMOUS and Welcome Back Program

Jun 5, 2011

This gentlemen here is sharing my problem, in fact, he describes it much better than I did. Someone here posted this:

"solution

play the trial till it expires

do the trick to get back to the welcome back package, the infamous selection will have a blue ps store bag instead of red. activate it and the game will change to the full version without having to download the game again"

However this isn't working for me...Maybe I don't understand?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/Problem-with-infamous-for-some-early-...

Another somewhat similar sounding case:

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/shatter/52101-shatter-psn-plus-problem.html

Apparently there was a similar problem with another game, I still have no idea how this past case was resolved or how this current case will be. Is there perhaps some place I could file an official complaint?

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/shatter/52101-shatter-psn-plus-problem.html

Message 2 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 5, 2011

u need to play the game till exspires.then it will prompt u to purchase game send u to store then download.there no way it downloaded trial and took away your free game just go to account manegement from xmb then transaction then service.u will see scea promo it will let u choose 2 games again unless u did choose 1 game already then whatever game u downloaded even if errored out will b in your view downloads from store top corner.this xmb back door will also work if u errored out and lost your game download option.

Message 3 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 5, 2011

When it expired, I didn't get prompted to purchase it, I just got taken back to the XMB. When I go through the Account Management>Transaction>Service>SCEA It says 0 on both of them. When I go to download histroy, all it does is give me the prompt to download it again, all 7gb of it, Thanks anyway...Can someone perhaps put a spin on what he's saying, something that I'm not seeing...I followed those instructions perfectly and I still get no results, maybe i'm missing something.

Perhaps its worth nothing that this is the order of things

1.Downloaded free Dead Nation

2.Searched PSN for inFAMAUS and download it (this was apparently the full game trial)

3.Finished trial

4.Went to Welcome Back page on psn to see that I still had a second game

5.Clicked on inFAMOUS

6.Posted here begging for help

Message 4 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 5, 2011

Just deleted Infamous and will be redownloading it...Considering my download speeds, this should take until around 6pm tommorow, I'll keep everyone here updated in the hopes that I can solve the problem of anyone with a similar situation.

Message 5 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2011

The PROBLEM I'm having is that there is no option to dwnld "Infamous" at all under my welcome back choices. Any one knows what that's about?

Message 6 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jun 5, 2011

I called Sony and this is what they told me:

Select to get the second game from welcome pack. Infamous will not be there (for those that are having an issue that is) so click continue shopping. go to games->PS3-> I

find infamous and download it. That should enable the full game and not just the 60 minute trial. Unfortunately I did not do this before calling so I am stuck with Stardust which I didnt really want but I had all the other options. They said to call in the week to see if thre will be anything i can do.

Also a thing to remember is if you lose welcome pack game 2 and havent selected a game go to account management->transaction management-> services list-> SCEA-> welcome pack game 2 and select content.

I cannot vouch for this since I did not try it but if anyone does try it and it works please post back so people know.

One thing I can vouch for is.. DO NOT use your second voucher thinking you will already have infamous like I did. It will be mush easier to get Sony to help you if that voucher is still available.

Message 7 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 6, 2011

This worked for me.

1.Delete the Infamous game trial (it should still let you choose the full game in the store).

2. Go to "Account Management" under the Playstation Network symbol at the main menu.

3. Go to "Transaction Management"

4. Go to "Services List"

5. Go to "SCEA Promotion"

6. Go to the free game that you originally downloaded the Infamous game (Either Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1 or 2)

7. Then it should say you have 1 remaining at the bottom, if it does hit ok ( or whatever it says at the bottom)

8. It should take you to the 5 PS3 games and it should have the Infamous without the red shopping bag. Click it (it should say full game).

9. Redownload.

10. Play

I hope this helps and is informative enough for you guys.

Message 8 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 6, 2011

I've downloaded this completely 3 times and it errors out during installation.  Do I have to start from scratch every time? or is there a way to complete the installation since the download was completed?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 6, 2011

Hmm I would try one more time and if it still doesn't install I would most likely start from scratch again. The reason I'm unsure is that I'm at 7% at the moment of the download (not installing). I kinda did a 2 mninute research and got an error code on another topic that had the same problem (80029564) on http://community.us.playstation.com/message/29919030#29919030

Then I posted the code on  here http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=93 and it said that the file is corruprted which means you have to start from scratch. Sorry.

Message 10 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes