First Son
1 posts

Re: Help with inFAMOUS and Welcome Back Program

Jun 6, 2011

Hey,

I had the same problem you appear to be having...

Once Infamous was showing as 'EXPIRED' I did the following...

1. Go to "Account Management" under the Playstation Network symbol at the main menu.

2. Go to "Transaction Management"

3. Go to "Services List"

4. Go to "SCEA Promotion"

5. Select Infamous

6. This gave me the option to 'DOWNLOAD'.... or above that, there was the option to 'EXTEND' (or something like that)... I chose 'EXTEND' and it said something about connecting a PSP via the USB for some reason, but I just backed out of this and inFamous was no longer showing as 'EXPIRED' and now worked

Hope this works for you too!

Message 11 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jun 6, 2011

clasher94 wrote:

This worked for me.

1.Delete the Infamous game trial (it should still let you choose the full game in the store).

2. Go to "Account Management" under the Playstation Network symbol at the main menu.

3. Go to "Transaction Management"

4. Go to "Services List"

5. Go to "SCEA Promotion"

6. Go to the free game that you originally downloaded the Infamous game (Either Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1 or 2)

7. Then it should say you have 1 remaining at the bottom, if it does hit ok ( or whatever it says at the bottom)

8. It should take you to the 5 PS3 games and it should have the Infamous without the red shopping bag. Click it (it should say full game).

9. Redownload.

10. Play

I hope this helps and is informative enough for you guys.

This worked for me also.

Message 12 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 6, 2011

Obviously the original mistake was you d/led it from PS+... that service does full game trials. If you had a secondary acount at the time the etwork went down, try geting it from there.

0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 6, 2011

I also had issues downloading inFAMOUS.

I followed the instructions I received in Email from  Playstation Network, found the Welcome Back section fo the Playstation  Store, selected inFAMOUS as my first choice to download and... nothing.

The  download failed to start. I went back to the Welcome Back section and  my Free Game Download 1 was gone! The Free Game Download 2, the two PSP  Game Download and the Playstation Plus promotions were still there  however.

I decided to try and download my second choice which was Dead Nation. The download started and completed just fine.

So  fast forward to my looking for Playstation Network support and finding  this thread... After reading through  and finding the above instructions using the SCEA Services option, I was able to at least begin the download of inFAMOUS. It is currently downloading with an estimated 700+ minutes on the download time.

Sidetrack...

I haven't downloaded much content from the Playstation Store. Are such long download times normal and is there any way to speed them up?

Message 14 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 6, 2011

If you have a wireless internet, that might be a reason why it's downloading so slow (I'm using wireless and it sometimes takes forever). I heard that using a wired connection makes the download go alot quicker. Also it helps if you don't go on youtube on the computer or any site that downloads music, games, videos. It could be the one who provides the internet for you too ( whoever you have). I use the Road Runner one and it works really well for me. Other than that I don't have much info for that.

Message 15 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2011

Does this work with infamous 2?

Message 16 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24622 posts

Nov 6, 2011

legomanluke wrote:

Does this work with infamous 2?

Does what work? Going into account management and redownloading things? Yes it works with any purchase.

Message 17 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes