Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: Android2172 First Son 3 posts

Help with allstars Ps3 transfer to Vita!

5 replies 807 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Hello! I bought a PS3 version of Playstation Allstars because I saw that you get a free Vita version. So I was happy about this because the real version I wanted was a Vita one but I could also have the PS3 version for when friends come over.

So anyway I log onto my psn account that I usually go on (not this one, ill get to that). And I go to the disc benefits application because I want to get my Vita version of it and I download it. Then after I downloaded it I hook up my Vita to the PS3 and it said I needed to be on this account, not the one i was currently using. So I log onto this account and try to transfer and it says "The content has expired or the owner of this content is another player"

So I realize OH I downloaded it on my other account and then I realize next that I can' transfer it. Please, is there anyway I can transfer the game to my other account, I was really looking forward to playing it anywhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (807 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Re: Help with allstars Ps3 transfer to Vita!

Nov 21, 2012

Moved from PS3 Support. :womanvery-happy:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (803 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Android2172 wrote:

Hello! I bought a PS3 version of Playstation Allstars because I saw that you get a free Vita version. So I was happy about this because the real version I wanted was a Vita one but I could also have the PS3 version for when friends come over.

So anyway I log onto my psn account that I usually go on (not this one, ill get to that). And I go to the disc benefits application because I want to get my Vita version of it and I download it. Then after I downloaded it I hook up my Vita to the PS3 and it said I needed to be on this account, not the one i was currently using. So I log onto this account and try to transfer and it says "The content has expired or the owner of this content is another player"

So I realize OH I downloaded it on my other account and then I realize next that I can' transfer it. Please, is there anyway I can transfer the game to my other account, I was really looking forward to playing it anywhere.

I can only suggest you call Sony customer service for assistance on this matter, I don't beleive there is anything you can do about it.

I saw a video of how the Vita transfer works, and it does veryify that you are locking the Vita transfer to the account you logged the PS3 on before you download the game, so you really should have been careful about that. If your intention was to have the PS3 version and Vita versions be under separate accounts, then that wasn't possible with the cross-buy program. Both versions need to be tied to the same PSN account to prevent abuse...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (793 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Well I wasn't trying to have the versions on seperate accounts, I just forgot that the account I play on the PS3 is not the same as the one on the Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (791 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 22, 2012
OK like I said, Sony customer service might be able to resolve this for you, or not.

Or...you could return it to the store you got it from. Get another copy, and register the Vita version correctly this time.

Those are the only two options I can think of...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Alright thanks I'll do those tomorrow.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (782 Views)
0 Likes