Mar 12 2012
By: NightXFallz Monster Hunter 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Help please All kinds of problems

2 replies 80 views Edited Mar 12, 2012

Alright i have no idea where to start but .

Ps3 network wouldnt let me sign in for a day already and ive checked my internet and network and im not sure whats wrong ive been through

countless errors already with the ps3 and everytime i get close to logging in Ps3 network it says Failed.

Plain and simple ive run out of ideas restarting the router and moutem to the things that hold my my internet phone and cable

im not really sure what to do now kinda considering the xbox sadly.. even tho i love ps3

ALSO thinking of getting a new one cuz im kinda starting to think its the ps3 thats doing this its the new version

so i dunno why i see this doing it.

BUT If anyone has a solution why its doing this please try and help me figure out why its doing this id be soo greatful

PS .. when i try log in it says..

Error.. (80710B23)

X Dan The Man
Message 1 of 3 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: Help please All kinds of problems

Mar 13, 2012

If the Internet Connection Test is failing on "Playstation Network" but succeeding on both "Obtain IP Address" and "Internet Connection", it's possible it could be a issue with the ports on your router or modem. It sounds like you're running a wireless connection, with the modem running into the router and then the router transmitting the wireless signal your PS3 is catching.

Your ISP or router may have gone through a firmware or software upgrade and increased the security on your network connection, and the added security might be causing the PS3 to fail when trying to access the PSN. Here's a link with port numbers which can be entered into your router's configuration settings to help your internet and the PS3 communicate a bit better:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=241

As an alternative, if possible I would try a wired connection with the modem giving a direct connection the PS3 using an ethernet cable hooked into the back of the PS3. If it connects successfully but fails on a wireless connection, you can rule out it might be a security issue on the router, and you'd want to contact the company that manufactured it.

If all else fails, just to confirm that the console can still function, try connecting it online at a friend or family member's house, to help exhaust every scenario.

Hope this advice helps you, best of luck!

Message 2 of 3 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
7 posts

Re: Help please All kinds of problems

Mar 14, 2012

I opend the Port range up.. but i cant quiet understand how i open both TCP/UDP ports for the ps3 network

what numbers should i put in for them and..  what Application should i put the ports under for.. I know one of them

has to be named PS3

as for the Ps3 home network

its really confsuing me here O_o

I also use ps home soo Gah

im not computer genius and i really need hlep with this.. im actually surprised i got this far

X Dan The Man
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)
0 Likes