Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2013
By: Mpls_SW_5483 First Son 1 posts

Help, can't watch purchased show...

2 replies 121 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

If someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it. So I'm hanging out this morning finishing Game of Thrones, purchase episode 10 (right after watching episode 9), and when I try to watch it it says "You must renew the content license in Playstation Store" or something close to that.  So when I hit OK, it goes to the PS Store and wants me to buy the episode again.  I'm not gonna cry about 4 bucks, but it's kind of the principle of it.  I didn't sign out of PS Network or anything, I didn't even move really.  I've read other questions similar to this but they all seem to be people who have swapped out hard drives, switched accounts and stuff like that.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Re: Help, can't watch purchased show...

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

Mpls_SW_5483 wrote:

If someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it. So I'm hanging out this morning finishing Game of Thrones, purchase episode 10 (right after watching episode 9), and when I try to watch it it says "You must renew the content license in Playstation Store" or something close to that.  So when I hit OK, it goes to the PS Store and wants me to buy the episode again.  I'm not gonna cry about 4 bucks, but it's kind of the principle of it.  I didn't sign out of PS Network or anything, I didn't even move really.  I've read other questions similar to this but they all seem to be people who have swapped out hard drives, switched accounts and stuff like that.  Thanks in advance for any help.

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

I've never seen this happen before having actually watched the movie/episode. It kind of sounds like the console is not activated for video but yet you said you purchased/downloaded ep10 right after you got done watching ep 9, which I assume you also got from the PSN Store.

I suggest you call SONY tech or contact them via online chat.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Chat:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/chat/chat_launch/survey_comp_id/498/survey_comp_auth/96d90de4...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 3 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Help, can't watch purchased show...

Mar 24, 2013

Same thing is happening to me. First it said renew your License, in the Playstation Store it showed "Play" instead of rent and said  contend already downloaded, license just renewed. When I wanted to play it again in the video-section it again requested the license to be renewed. But now I can only buy it anew in the Playstation store.

Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)
0 Likes