Oct 27 2011
By: OldGregg_25 First Son 3 posts

Help, Need to change my nat type to open!!!

4 replies 678 views Edited Oct 27, 2011

Im despertley looking for a in depth guide here on how to change my nat type from moderate to open?  I am very new to this but this issue is very frustrating, I have a linksys router and know how to get to the router website but need help configuring my router to have my nat type be open on my ps3 using wireless internet connection... please help

Message 1 of 5 (678 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40610 posts

Re: Help, Need to change my nat type to open!!!

Oct 27, 2011

OldGregg_25 wrote:

Im despertley looking for a in depth guide here on how to change my nat type from moderate to open?  I am very new to this but this issue is very frustrating, I have a linksys router and know how to get to the router website but need help configuring my router to have my nat type be open on my ps3 using wireless internet connection... please help

What resuts do you get when/if you perform an internet connection test?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 5 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 28, 2011

I get type two... here is my full story, i had my original ps3 started out having moderate nat type playing cod, it was type 2 nat when doing a test... i somehow configured the router to be open and it still remianed type 2...   Now i have a new ps3 and my nat type is back to moderate and can't communicate with friends on cod or other games my nat type is type 2... so basically i cant remember how i got my original ps3 to be open because i wanna do it to this one as well...

Message 3 of 5 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 28, 2011

problem resloved post can be deleted thanks

Message 4 of 5 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 28, 2011

Threads don't work that way. They're left open so people can find solutions to answered problems through the forum search.

For a Linksys router, you should check the NAT Type and UPnP status in the PS3 Internet Connection Test. Ideally you should have NAT Type 2 and UPnP enabled. If you have NAT Type 2 but UPnP not available, then you need to turn UPnP on. You do this by making sure you have the newest software update for your Linksys router, then then making sure UPnP is turned on in the administration tab of the router settings webpage. The upside to UPnP is that it provides automatic port forwarding for all the devices and all applications or games on your home network, in contrast to DMZ or manual port forwarding where each device needs setting up.

Message 5 of 5 (678 Views)
0 Likes