First Son
8 posts

Re: Have not received my ten dollar credit for march spend 50$ promotion

May 2, 2013

this is ridiculous !!! I live in Egypt right now and I've been usnig a NA psn account since the very beginning , I recieved alot of vouchers before  and I got the 10$  for the same promotion for winter/holiday season (the one before march savings) , so this doesn't make any sense !!! so basicly travelling to another country will make me not eligible for the promotion !!! BULLSH*T !!!

Message 451 of 476 (301 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

May 2, 2013

A new wave of reward vouchers for Canadian customers that were not properly accounted for have now been sent out via XMB message. Please check your PS3 inbox if you were awaiting resolution on this.

If you have not received your reward and believe you should have, please contact Customer Support.

Thank you for your patience, and we will certainly ensure that the lessons learned for this promotion are accounted for should we do a similar promotion in the future.

Message 452 of 476 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Playstation is bull **bleep**. Just got off the phone with a rep and he was very nice the whole time but he explained to me that just because I funded $50 to my wallet doesn't mean I spent $50. The verbage for the deal is Spend $50 in March get $10 back. Well that's open to interpretation. If you look at as the playstation network describes it by saying if you fund your wallet you are not getting it back because you spent it and changed it into the playstation network currency. So in a way you took your real world money and spent it to change it into playstation network currency. So if you look at it in that way, you did indeed spend $50. The guy I spoke with said that doesn't count because you have to use the $50 on items in the store. After a 20 minute debate he pretty much said that if I wanted to talk to the higher up people they would be even more stern on that fact and they go word for word by their rules and guidelines for that purchase. I then challenged the gentleman to show me where it indeed says on a webpage or blog or even their terms of that sale where it says that just adding $50 to your wallet doesn't mean you get the $10 back. He could not find it nor did he try. I also told him I called in multiple times about this and he said he could only find 1 time I called in. Last time before that was October of 2012. What the heck? They obviously didn't take the time to write down that I called or log it or whatever. He apologized for them as they may have been new but thats besides the point.  I've been chasing this thing for over a month now, calling in, looking up online in blogs, and just patiently waiting for the $10 because I was assured it was coming by a rep. Not one of the rep's told me specifically that the $50 must be spent on items in the store. I even went into my transaction history with one of them and they said look for your wallet funding and see if it adds up to $50 in the transaction history, that was easy to find because I had 1 lump sum of $50 added and I told him that. Then that's when I was assured I would get it.  If their rep's knew what they were talking about the first time I called this wouldn't have been an issue. But all of them just said keep waiting and well it looks like you did it so you should get it just wait till the next time we send out those codes. It took me an entire month to get a straight answer. It would have taken less time for Sony just to explain the friggin March deal more by saying "Just adding $50 to your wallet doesn't mean you get the $10 back". I know it doesn't exist because I have looked throughout this whole forum to try to find something. Playstation was very tricky and their rep's were ignorant about this sale. It was hard to find any information on the deal except for "spend $50 get $10 back" everywhere I looked. I even asked the guy if they could even give me $5 just to make me happy and stop complaining and he wouldn't do that. So...am I not even worth $5 to this company? One I've followed and purchased every single one of their systems and countless games for physically and digitally.  Supporting them form day one. They can't make me happy and save a valued customer with a measly $5... I'm not even worth $5 in their eyes? That's the corporate machine for you though...heartless...

Message 453 of 476 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 3, 2013
I still have not received a message about my $10 voucher. What is the number for customer service?
Message 454 of 476 (252 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 3, 2013

BeansBuds420 wrote:

Playstation is bull **bleep**. Just got off the phone with a rep and he was very nice the whole time but he explained to me that just because I funded $50 to my wallet doesn't mean I spent $50. The verbage for the deal is Spend $50 in March get $10 back. Well that's open to interpretation. If you look at as the playstation network describes it by saying if you fund your wallet you are not getting it back because you spent it and changed it into the playstation network currency. So in a way you took your real world money and spent it to change it into playstation network currency. So if you look at it in that way, you did indeed spend $50. The guy I spoke with said that doesn't count because you have to use the $50 on items in the store. After a 20 minute debate he pretty much said that if I wanted to talk to the higher up people they would be even more stern on that fact and they go word for word by their rules and guidelines for that purchase. I then challenged the gentleman to show me where it indeed says on a webpage or blog or even their terms of that sale where it says that just adding $50 to your wallet doesn't mean you get the $10 back. He could not find it nor did he try. I also told him I called in multiple times about this and he said he could only find 1 time I called in. Last time before that was October of 2012. What the heck? They obviously didn't take the time to write down that I called or log it or whatever. He apologized for them as they may have been new but thats besides the point.  I've been chasing this thing for over a month now, calling in, looking up online in blogs, and just patiently waiting for the $10 because I was assured it was coming by a rep. Not one of the rep's told me specifically that the $50 must be spent on items in the store. I even went into my transaction history with one of them and they said look for your wallet funding and see if it adds up to $50 in the transaction history, that was easy to find because I had 1 lump sum of $50 added and I told him that. Then that's when I was assured I would get it.  If their rep's knew what they were talking about the first time I called this wouldn't have been an issue. But all of them just said keep waiting and well it looks like you did it so you should get it just wait till the next time we send out those codes. It took me an entire month to get a straight answer. It would have taken less time for Sony just to explain the friggin March deal more by saying "Just adding $50 to your wallet doesn't mean you get the $10 back". I know it doesn't exist because I have looked throughout this whole forum to try to find something. Playstation was very tricky and their rep's were ignorant about this sale. It was hard to find any information on the deal except for "spend $50 get $10 back" everywhere I looked. I even asked the guy if they could even give me $5 just to make me happy and stop complaining and he wouldn't do that. So...am I not even worth $5 to this company? One I've followed and purchased every single one of their systems and countless games for physically and digitally.  Supporting them form day one. They can't make me happy and save a valued customer with a measly $5... I'm not even worth $5 in their eyes? That's the corporate machine for you though...heartless...

FYI - Walls of text with no paragraph breaks are typically ignored by 97% of the internet community.  Nobody wants to read walls of text.

Secondly, as I have already pointed out in the other thread you copy and pasted this rant into, Sony owes you nothing.  It was clear as day that you must actually SPEND the money in the PSN and not just fund your wallet.  The purpose of the promotion was to get people to purchase items from the PSN Store.  If they did go and purchase items, then SCEA was thanking them for that and giving them $10 additional dollars to spend for each $50 that was spent.  Why would SCEA give you money just for putting money in your wallet?  They don't get that money unless you spend it.

If you happen to never spend the money, then it's no good to anybody.  SCEA is not liable for your reading comprehension issues.  Judging by your username here, I would suggest laying off the "420" for a while.

Message 455 of 476 (246 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

They got the money because it was funded to the wallet and once you fund the wallet you do not get that money refunded. Could have answered my question though the first time I called in and asked about it, and not told me to look through my transaction history to find me funding a total of $50 then telling me that yes I will be getting the $10 back and to just wait. They may not be liable for how someone interprets something but when you call in to get an answer and their rep says I will be getting it, that they are liable for which is why i'm so mad.  Especially when I call in and they say thats fine and I will be getting the $10 soon. Also your personal attacks of my username is not needed or my reading skills, That is just rude. 

Message 456 of 476 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 3, 2013

I SPENT more than 200$ and still did not receive the money back.

And that is what I swear: I'll not spend any more cent on the PSN Store until I get what is my right to.

Regards,

GabrielEsteves

Message 457 of 476 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

May 3, 2013

I'm in the same boat here I SPENT MORE THAN 50$ and didn't recieve any thing ! no email , no psn message ! , I won't spend a cent until I get my 10$

Message 458 of 476 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 3, 2013

Took forever but looks like I got my $10 yesterday via email. I was one of the Canadian customers affected.

Thanks Morgan. Hope everyone else can get sorted out as well.

Message 459 of 476 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

May 3, 2013

Yep, I got my $10 also. Exchange rate issue.

Message 460 of 476 (205 Views)
0 Likes