Highlighted
Feb 20 2012
By: FRANK-N-STYNE First Son 2 posts

Half of my main screen is white and cant be read. can someone tell me what happened?

3 replies 107 views Edited Feb 20, 2012

I just today tried to get online to play a bit online and was prompted to download a required update in order to log on.  i kept having problems with my net speed but i finally got it to stay fast for a while.  i went to run a quick arrand but when i got back i saw that something had messed up with the system because half of the screen is bright white and unviewable while the rest of the screen's color is distorted and looks like it has been magnified somehow.  i turned it off and restarted it thinking it needed resetting but it didnt do anything.  i also unplugged the hdmi from my tv thinking it may be a problem with the tv and once unplugged the screen goes back to normal so its something with the ps3. 

I dont know anything else to try to fix it.  i can read half of the screen to be able to tell if there is anything an error screen can tell me.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what has happened to cause this and what i can do to fix it that will not be expensive?

Here is a pic i took of what it is doing

tn.jpg

Message 1 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Half of my main screen is white and cant be read. can someone tell me what happened?

Feb 20, 2012

lol oops i meant to say the side you can see looks Magnitized not magnified

Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Half of my main screen is white and cant be read. can someone tell me what happened?

Feb 20, 2012

Do the regular AV cables work properly? You may have to perform a video reset to switch inputs. Also, try a different HDMI cable if you have one on hand.

Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 26, 2012

From what it looks like, It seems you might have faulty HDMI cables. Try replacing them with new ones and see if it works. If not then your TV might have a hardware issue. Or it could even be with your playstation, but I seriously have my doubts about that being a problem, but never exclude anything until you're sure it is the cause.

Message 4 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes