Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2013
By: NinjaofLife First Son 2 posts

Hacker purchased $100 worth of merchandise on my account

4 replies 147 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

Hello, I haven't played on the ps3 for quite awhile, and today, I found out that someone has made over $100 worth of charges to my account.  I checked on the store, and found that they bought dozens of games and DLC.  Is there a way to refund the charges and merchandise?  I have called my credit card company but I'm not sure what else to do.

Message 1 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Hacker purchased $100 worth of merchandise on my account

Mar 23, 2013

Your credt card company should have given you a file number.

Call son 1-800-345-7669 tell them the situation and the file number.

Message 2 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2013
thank you for the info
Message 3 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30349 posts

Mar 23, 2013

NinjaofLife wrote:

Hello, I haven't played on the ps3 for quite awhile, and today, I found out that someone has made over $100 worth of charges to my account.  I checked on the store, and found that they bought dozens of games and DLC.  Is there a way to refund the charges and merchandise?  I have called my credit card company but I'm not sure what else to do.

How did the alleged 'hacker' get hold of the password for your account in the first place & are you 100% certain that no one else has access to the account or you did not give the password out to ANYONE else?

Just so you know if you get your credit card company to cancel the charges your PSN ID will be banned permanently!

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 5 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Mar 23, 2013

NinjaofLife wrote:

Word of advice, never link your credit card/debit card to your PSN account. Use PS Cards, you can buy them online and receive the codes via email  or you can go to Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc and buy the physical PS Cards.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 5 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes