Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2013
By: kingmind First Son 2 posts

HELP

11 replies 174 views Edited May 15, 2013

I had gotten a message that said 

we are still feel very sory about PSN being down, because of this we are not only giving away 2 free games, but we are giving $50 funds to your user if you send this to all your friends. From playstation:  IT WORKED ! Our protest. Here is your reward. First send this to all your friends.once you have sent this message to all your friends you will get $50on your PSN.  then it gives me a code.

what is this about and why am i getting this and not an email.  

Message 1 of 12 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: HELP

May 15, 2013
its fake, a scam
Message 2 of 12 (171 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29972 posts

May 15, 2013

sounds like a scam... why would they give you 50 dollars to send a chain message to other people? Nobody wants to give you anything for free do you realize this or are you one of those people that reply to these messages with your user id and password because there are people out there that fall for these.

Message 3 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

May 15, 2013
just ignore it. some weirdo's out there :smileysurprised:

nice registration date :smileyhappy:

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 4 of 12 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6093 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

kingmind wrote:

we are still feel very sory about PSN being down, because of this we are not only giving away 2 free games, but we are giving $50 funds to your user if you send this to all your friends. From playstation:  IT WORKED ! Our protest. Here is your reward. First send this to all your friends.once you have sent this message to all your friends you will get $50on your PSN.  then it gives me a code.

That is a fake/spam/chain message. Ignore that message and DO NOT send it to your friends.

PSN Terms of Service says:

You must not take any action that Sony considers to be disruptive to PSN, including, but not limited to, junk mails, :smileymad:spam:smileymad:, excessive messages or 

:smileymad:chain letters:smileymad:. Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Online Network.

Sony will never ask you to violate the PSN Terms of Service. Sony will never pay you to violate the PSN Terms of Service. Sony might BAN you if you violate the PSN Terms of Service, but Sony will never pay you for that.

oz-omg1.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 12 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

May 15, 2013

kingmind wrote:

You're getting this because one of your friends on your list sent it to you thinking they'll receive a $50 code by sending it to their friends.

These types of messages are fake. The best thing to do is to just ignore it. 

Message 6 of 12 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

May 16, 2013
"1st send this to all your friends" = what you're reading is a lie... welcome to the internet...
Message 7 of 12 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9550 posts

May 16, 2013

renatabls wrote:
"1st send this to all your friends" = what you're reading is a lie... welcome to the internet..

Doesn't happen in just the internet. I had enough of these chain letters when text message came into the world.

Message 8 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3084 posts

May 16, 2013

renatabls wrote:
"1st send this to all your friends" = what you're reading is a lie... welcome to the internet...

It hasn't happened to me in at least a year. These messages are most obviously fake when the messenger types something that's hard to believe. I remember someone once told me to "send this to all your friends and Halo will be ported to PS3."

Twitter: @k_bro1|Nintendo Network ID: LordOfCourage
Message 9 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9550 posts

May 16, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

renatabls wrote:

It hasn't happened to me in at least a year. These messages are most obviously fake when the messenger types something that's hard to believe. I remember someone once told me to "send this to all your friends and Halo will be ported to PS3."

....what?

Message 10 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes