Feb 27 2010
By: turok786 First Son 2 posts

HELP!!! My ps3 wifi connections wont work!

14 replies 15209 views Edited Feb 27, 2010
Please help my ps3 wont connect to anything wireless anymore. Like for instance, i cant connect my wireless headset to it anymore and it wont connect to internet wirelessly and my psp wont connect to it for ad hoc party. please help, it used to all work then it just stopped working!
Message 1 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: HELP!!! My ps3 wifi connections wont work!

Feb 27, 2010
Try the Restore Default Settings option in the PS3 System Settings menu.
Message 2 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
982 posts

Feb 27, 2010

agreed.

Default setting start over..

Message 3 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2010

I'm constantly having this same problem. My PS3 has just decided to stop seeing my wifi signal. It'll stop connecting in the middle of streaming Netflix or just not work. I go to re-setup my network settings and it won't even see my router... I live in an apartment- at any given time there's a dozen wireless routers within range. It just says; The access point was not detected.

All my other devices have no trouble seeing my router, and everyone else's.

I can usually get it going again by restoring the default settings- and it'll work for an indefinite period of time. Sometimes only hours. Having to restore default settings, just to have to set everything back up the way I want it every time is absolutely ridiculous. I've been all over google for months, hoping to come across an obvious fix and while many are having this problem- but cannot find any solution...

The error codes I receive are useless- the PS3 code lookup utility returns nonsense that's completely unrelated (that we're even dealing in error codes these days is utterly stupid anyway)

If anyone has ANY idea how to fix this please let me know. This machine has been the cause of a lot of frustration for me and I'm seriously regretting not going for a basic set-top Blu-Ray player instead.

Message 4 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Nothing will connect to my ps3. Controller will only work with a wire, no connection to the internet by cable or wireless, haven't checked my mic yet but i'm guessing that wont work either.

When i try to connect to my router wirelessly it wont find anything although there is a router in the room and next door have one.

I just fixed my yellow light by myself and i dont know if this had an effect on it? If i knocked something while doing it?

Message 5 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 8, 2010
I'm having the samee problem.
I've tried to restore default but that doesnt seem to work for me.
If you figured out a way to fix yours lemme know.
Message 6 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I've just had to fix the yellow light of death for the third time now and I realise its only a temporary measure, but now I'm having exactly the same problems that you're having. No internet, wireless or cable and my keyboard and controllers won't connect. I read somewhere that someone had a similar problem but it was only down to a bad connection or lose wire when putting the system back together, if you come up with any solutions let me know..

Message 7 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jan 9, 2011

@Zee58 You may have missed a cable or two for the wireless card when reassembling your PS3. Depending on the model, the wireless card on the PS3 handles WiFi, Bluetooth and USB. Your reception will also be poor if you overlook one of the antennae connections too.

Message 8 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

Jan 9, 2011

You might want to open the system back-up and check all the connections closely. Chances are one of the connections isn't completely making a good connection.

Message 9 of 15 (15,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 18, 2013
I reset to difficult and now i can't go on my wifi i don't no y can u help me
Message 10 of 15 (10,703 Views)
0 Likes