Highlighted
Apr 16 2013
By: R3ZNOR_2222 First Son 1 posts

HELP FOR PEOPLE USING NETFLIX ON PS3

2 replies 224 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

We use Netflix regularly, and just this morning where prompted to update the app.  When we did?  Every movie we played began to screen freeze ecery 15-20 secs but left the audio unaffected.  We called Netflix who had us reset the connection.. didn't solve the problem, but they gave us a direct line to SONY and said the app itself is a Sony creation.

We called SONY and told them what happened.   We'd already tried restarting, re-setting the connection, and logging out and in to the service.  SO the only explinantion he could give me is that PSN maintence was causing the problem, I made sure to emtnion the app?  But he kept talking circles around what could very well be just a bad programming bug.  He told me to re-install the app and left me with no other explaination then.."It'll work itself out".

SO as soon as I hung up, I re-installed... guess what, didn't work.  THEN I reinstalled and when asked to upgrade the Netflix App?  Hit the back button to deny the upgrade... guess what folks?!  IT WORKS NOW.

SO if you are experienceing the same problem... until they fix the bug?  Delete Netflix, re-intsall, and when it tell you to upgrade let it get the the "X to install now" or "O to go Back" (which will happen twice) choose "O" both times and Netflix will work fine.

Sorry SONY can't seem to use deductive reasoning to solve a problem. =/

Message 1 of 3 (224 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: HELP FOR PEOPLE USING NETFLIX ON PS3

Apr 17, 2013

Well, let's all take a minute to be thankful that the NETFLIX app isn't actually Sony's responsibility, but NETFLIX's.

Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: HELP FOR PEOPLE USING NETFLIX ON PS3

Apr 17, 2013

Great! I had a similar problem also. I updated the Netflix app today and it stopped working. Deleted it, reinstalled it, denied the update and now it works again. Thank you Sir!

Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes