Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 13 2013
By: lilprincess81647 First Son 3 posts

Gran turismo 5 gift error

3 replies 134 views Edited May 13, 2013

I have two gifts from my dad that I can not recieve or delete.  One was a set of tires sent in February and the other is a car sent in March.  I had not played the game for a while.  There were other gifts also so I clicked recieve all and it gave me everything except those two items.   The only difference is I only had one gift from each other person but 2 from my dad.   If I try to recieve only one of the two it says are you sure like normal but then nothing happens.  If I try to delete one it tells me the upload failed.  The recieve all button continues to give me everything except those two items.  This has been happening for a couple weeks.  I called sony's 1-800 number and they said sorry we can't help you and hung up.  Please help!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

Re: Gran turismo 5 gift error

May 13, 2013

lilprincess81647 wrote:

I have two gifts from my dad that I can not recieve or delete.  One was a set of tires sent in February and the other is a car sent in March.  I had not played the game for a while.  There were other gifts also so I clicked recieve all and it gave me everything except those two items.   The only difference is I only had one gift from each other person but 2 from my dad.   If I try to recieve only one of the two it says are you sure like normal but then nothing happens.  If I try to delete one it tells me the upload failed.  The recieve all button continues to give me everything except those two items.  This has been happening for a couple weeks.  I called sony's 1-800 number and they said sorry we can't help you and hung up.  Please help!

You are not the first person to experience issues with the "Gift" feature of GT5.

Read here.

I have yet to find a definitive fix/work around, but some people have claimed they have gotten around this bug in different ways.

Check out this forum thread. Maybe you will find something that works. Otherwise, the cars are gone for good.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 13, 2013

That is not what happened here unfortunately.  That wouldn't be so bad.  In our case the 2 gifts both show up in my gift list but the errors happen as I try to accept or delete them.  I don't care if they disapear I would just like to be able to exchange cars with my dad again.  If Playstation network or GT5 could clear them from the gift list so he could send me more stuff we would be happy but the 800 number gut said he couldn't do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

May 13, 2013

lilprincess81647 wrote:

That is not what happened here unfortunately.  That wouldn't be so bad.  In our case the 2 gifts both show up in my gift list but the errors happen as I try to accept or delete them.  I don't care if they disapear I would just like to be able to exchange cars with my dad again.  If Playstation network or GT5 could clear them from the gift list so he could send me more stuff we would be happy but the 800 number gut said he couldn't do that.

Ahhh.. okay. Well....

The only thing I could suggest is deleting all (if any) of the "Game Data" for GT5. (Not Save Data)

[XMB > Games > Game Data Utility > GT5 file/s]

Then boot up the game again and let it re-install it's game data / patch updates.

You will also need to re-download any DLC you may have purchased. (Which can be viewed in your "My Downloads" list on the PS Store.)

This is not guaranteed, but it sometimes has a way of helping some games correct little glitches like this.

I hope it does the trick. Good luck!

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes